Windows 10: File explorer icon size

Discus and support File explorer icon size in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Heyo Is there a way to set the size of every icon in file explorer to be the same all throughout my C drive? 159475 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sweetsweetcorn, Jun 27, 2020.

1. File explorer icon size

Heyo

Is there a way to set the size of every icon in file explorer to be the same all throughout my C drive?

:)

Sweetsweetcorn, Jun 27, 2020

2. Icon indentation (Tiles or Content) in Window Explorer is too large. How to restore to default?

Hi,

There is a possibility that an unexpected changed was applied to the display view on your system after the update was installed. To address this concern, we suggest modifying the size of the icons in File Explorer. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Click on the View tab.
    • Choose your preferred icon size.

File explorer icon size 7cc9dbe7-5e83-4c80-ab43-e732c071566c.png
    Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Mary Sau Win User
    Font Size File Explorer Windows 10

Hi,

To assist you, kindly provide us additional information.

• Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    • Does it happen only with your File Explorer?
    • Can you please provide us a screenshot of the item that you want the font or the box to be adjusted?
    For the meantime, if you simply want to change the font size, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings.
    • In the Settings, choose System -> Display -> Advanced display settings -> Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • In Change only the text size drop-down, choose Icons. Adjust what size you prefer and click Apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Mary Sau, Jun 27, 2020
  4. wolf2009 Win User

File explorer icon size

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

File explorer icon size

1. File explorer icon size - Similar Threads - File explorer icon

2. Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506: Hello guys,got a problem... After the new 22621.2506 update my whole File Explorer, of course, got changed... no big surprise. First of all, anyone maybe knows how to restore the design/ layout of version 22621.2500? I'd like to have that back...Second thing, like mentioned...
  3. Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506: Hello guys,got a problem... After the new 22621.2506 update my whole File Explorer, of course, got changed... no big surprise. First of all, anyone maybe knows how to restore the design/ layout of version 22621.2500? I'd like to have that back...Second thing, like mentioned...
  4. File Explorer Size & Alignment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Size & Alignment: I've had an issue for some time where File Explorer opens aligned to the top left and smaller than I resized it to, but only within other programs, such as Photoshop.I can open file explorer in Photoshop and move it to the center of the screen and resize it. Sometimes it will...
  5. Font size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font size in File Explorer: I find the font size too small in File Explorer in Win 11, but when I try to increase the font size, it does not seem to effect the font size in File Explorer. Has that ability been dropped in Windows 11?I think I was able to increase it in Win 10. If some one has found a way...
  6. Font size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font size in File Explorer: I find the font size too small in File Explorer in Win 11, but when I try to increase the font size, it does not seem to effect the font size in File Explorer. Has that ability been dropped in Windows 11?I think I was able to increase it in Win 10. If some one has found a way...
  7. Is it possible to change the size of icons in file explorer globally?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change the size of icons in file explorer globally?: [ATTACH] What I mean is,normally file explorer icons have this size: https://preview.redd.it/by90ar9a5de71.png?width=1919&format=png&auto=webp&s=84893f6d9934b781170ff657239aa0ee75048e6b but what I want is that they are bigger,like this:...
  8. Changing size of icons/text of the Navigation Pane in File explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing size of icons/text of the Navigation Pane in File explorer: Hello, I know it is possible to change the size of fonts in windows, but I only want to change the size of the Navigation Pane in Windows File Explorer. The icons as well. I couldn't find a clear answer to this. Anyone? submitted by /u/TheyTukMyJub [link] [comments]...
  9. File Explorer - File Size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - File Size: Hi. In the File Size column in File Explorer the size is displayed in kBs. When the list of files contains extreme size variations, there is a necessity to have wide column to get the millions of kBs displayed. Also, having the display automatically adjust itself to a...
  10. Explorer icon size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer icon size: How to change Explorer icon size for pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-icon-size/2068feb9-54de-4f03-a127-3207d941f374