Windows 10: File Explorer Icons blank

Discus and support File Explorer Icons blank in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After reinstalling Windows 10 my Word and data file icons were blank. I found in C:\windows\SHELLNEWthat the WINWORD8.DOC icon was blank so I changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dustymars, Jul 30, 2017.

1. dustymars Win User

File Explorer Icons blank

After reinstalling Windows 10 my Word and data file icons were blank. I found in C:\windows\SHELLNEWthat the WINWORD8.DOC icon was blank so I changed it to the correct icon and itfixed my problems! See image:

:)

dustymars, Jul 30, 2017

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jul 30, 2017
  3. File explorer does not work after upgrading an Asus Sonic Master laptop from windows 8

When clicking on file explorer icon the file explorer window opens up blank and unresponsive.

BennyNabavian, Jul 30, 2017
Thema:

File Explorer Icons blank

1. File Explorer Icons blank - Similar Threads - File Explorer Icons

2. file exloper icon blank????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file exloper icon blank????: we built this computer this year then i opened a new local account since then why is it like this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-exloper-icon-blank/bb9b6eef-70b2-42f2-91f5-9c775d40c7dc
  3. File explorer is completely blank

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer is completely blank: Every section of my file explorer is now completely blank. I can still access all my files but I can't see any of them. I haven't downloaded anything recently. My windows version number is build 19041.1052. Thanks 182496
  4. file explorer got blank

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    file explorer got blank: I just installed the sound changer for windows and then this happened I don't know why please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/file-explorer-got-blank/a4da69d8-b572-414f-b391-1ff666c8b5c6
  5. File Explorer is Blank????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer is Blank????: The problem is that everything is blank. When I try to open it to upload a picture in places like discord or here, it works fine, but when I open File Explorer on its own it has this issue. I've tried to go to the "view" menu and reset defaults, I've tried a command prompt...
  6. File Explorer ribbon is blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer ribbon is blank: [ATTACH]A couple days ago after Windows did an update, suddenly the Ribbon in File Explorer is always blank. Have done few more updates, hoping it would sort itself out, but it hasn't. Also started in Safe Mode, and it the issue is still there....
  7. Generic Taskbar Icons and Blank File Explorer Thumbnails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Generic Taskbar Icons and Blank File Explorer Thumbnails: After randomly restarting my system, not after an update, all the icons on my taskbar except UWP apps were replaced with this generic icon: [ATTACH] Also, all the icons/thumbnails everywhere on File Explorer are completely blank, no matter the size the icons are set to:...
  8. Quick Access Recent Files icons in explorer are blank - no icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access Recent Files icons in explorer are blank - no icon: [img] Hi, you can see the two white Recent files entries with no icons. I seem to have no other issue with icons. I've tried deleting and rebuilding the icon cache, and clearing explorer history. The problem remains having done the anniversary upgrade. This used to...
  9. Icon for cmd.exe blank in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon for cmd.exe blank in File Explorer: The icon for cmd.exe is a blank file as in the image. [img] You can see the icon is correct in the properties window. [img] This is a recent clean install of windows about a week ago. Not sure when they changed but I do remember having the icon correct after the...
  10. blank icon for .mht files

in Windows 10 Support
    blank icon for .mht files: Windows 10 pro, creators update, Firefox 54.0b10 & 53.0.3x64 I use the "Mozilla Archive Format" Firefox addon, which allows me to save .mht files from Firefox. The problem is the files have a "blank" where the Firefox icon should be. I remember having this problem in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus sonic master windows 10 where is cmd.exe