Windows 10: File Explorer Icons

Discus and support File Explorer Icons in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like File Explorer, Windows 10, to have as few as possible folders come to the screen when I open it. Yet, it is creating extra file icons that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ejbpesca, Jul 11, 2022.

1. ejbpesca Win User

File Explorer Icons

I would like File Explorer, Windows 10, to have as few as possible folders come to the screen when I open it. Yet, it is creating extra file icons that belong inside the main set of folders. Pictures, documents, etc.Example: I created a folder for documents. I expect to find that folder, click it to find sub folders with titles of various types of documents and within those, I may have sub sub folders to keep organized.When I open File Explorer, I find some of y sub folders on the screen, not just the one Documents folder I want to see. It happens with pictures too. I have dragged these

:)

ejbpesca, Jul 11, 2022
  2. sturpe Win User

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Jul 11, 2022
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jul 11, 2022
  4. File Explorer Icons

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 11, 2022
Thema:

File Explorer Icons

1. File Explorer Icons - Similar Threads - File Explorer Icons

2. Icons in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in file explorer: Hello,I have a new desktop computer with Winows 11 22H2 with a 1/4 T SSD drive C: and a full T hard drive D:.I am confused by file and folder icons. What does the pinned icon mean?thanks,Mark...
  3. Icons in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons in file explorer: Hello,I have a new desktop computer with Winows 11 22H2 with a 1/4 T SSD drive C: and a full T hard drive D:.I am confused by file and folder icons. What does the pinned icon mean?thanks,Mark...
  4. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Icons: I would like File Explorer, Windows 10, to have as few as possible folders come to the screen when I open it. Yet, it is creating extra file icons that belong inside the main set of folders. Pictures, documents, etc.Example: I created a folder for my documents that is in the...
  5. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Icons: I would like File Explorer, Windows 10, to have as few as possible folders come to the screen when I open it. Yet, it is creating extra file icons that belong inside the main set of folders. Pictures, documents, etc.Example: I created a folder for documents. I expect to find...
  6. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Icons: Is there a list of the Icons that appear on Win Expl and what they mean? Recently perhaps after the recent update I have been seeing little blue circles with small arrow heads on them and some other *very* small doo-dads than are on the First letter of the folder name. Also,...
  7. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Icons: Is there a list of the Icons that appear on Win Expl and what they mean? Recently perhaps after the recent update I have been seeing little blue circles with small arrow heads on them and some other *very* small doo-dads than are on the First letter of the folder name. Also,...
  8. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Icons: I am trying to find the setting so I can see thumbnails of my pictures in file explorer. I also can not see previews of my pictures in the right hand panel. How do I make these adjustments....
  10. File explorer icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer icons: When I open file explorer all the icons at the top move, copy etc have disappeared. How do I retrieve them? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-icons/a766195e-f517-448a-9d12-17ff0c790d6c