Windows 10: File Explorer image icons

Discus and support File Explorer image icons in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am viewing these images as ''Large Icons"', how can i get rid of the blue squares in front of them? They are obscuring my preview of the images.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TabathaEccleston, Nov 13, 2021.

1. File Explorer image icons

I am viewing these images as ''Large Icons"', how can i get rid of the blue squares in front of them? They are obscuring my preview of the images.

:)

TabathaEccleston, Nov 13, 2021

2. Icon indentation (Tiles or Content) in Window Explorer is too large. How to restore to default?

Hi,

There is a possibility that an unexpected changed was applied to the display view on your system after the update was installed. To address this concern, we suggest modifying the size of the icons in File Explorer. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Click on the View tab.
    • Choose your preferred icon size.

File Explorer image icons 7cc9dbe7-5e83-4c80-ab43-e732c071566c.png
    Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Nov 13, 2021
  3. sturpe Win User
    Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Nov 13, 2021
  4. File Explorer image icons

File Explorer not opening via pinned Taskbar icon on Windows 10

Hi Leon,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I apologies for delay in reply. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to unpin the File explorer from the task bar and re-pin the File Explorer and check If issue is resolved. If issue persist, I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 13, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer image icons

1. File Explorer image icons - Similar Threads - File Explorer image

2. File Explorer image icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer image icons: I am viewing these images as ''Large Icons"', how can i get rid of the blue squares in front of them? They are obscuring my preview of the images. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-image-icons/057318b7-13ab-49c9-aaa0-40a4c3723e65
  3. File Explorer image icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer image icons: I am viewing these images as ''Large Icons"', how can i get rid of the blue squares in front of them? They are obscuring my preview of the images. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-image-icons/057318b7-13ab-49c9-aaa0-40a4c3723e65
  4. Wierd icons on images in File explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wierd icons on images in File explorer: How do you turn these off? I don't even know what they are for? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wierd-icons-on-images-in-file-explorer/2fabede7-20e4-4fdd-ad36-51d81da06380
  5. Images in customized folder icons disappearing in file explorer.

Images in customized folder icons disappearing in file explorer.: Hi Microsoft. I know this is a bug in windows/file explorer, But are there any way i can make some kind of back-up when this occurs. I have hundreds of custom made icons for my folders on a external hdd drive which have taken me many hours to create, So is there any way to...
  6. No image thumbnail in explorer Icons

No image thumbnail in explorer Icons: Image icons shows up as blank dokument, i.e there is no image preview. I have checked that the option "allways show icons, never thumbnail" is not checked. I have used "Cleanmgr" to clean out thumbnails. I have deleted the thumnail cashe. Nothing of this works I have...
  7. Most image thumbnails replaced by icons in file explorer

Most image thumbnails replaced by icons in file explorer: Most of my image thumbnails have recently been replaced by icons. I'm not aware of any action that precipitated this change. This only affects some files, but it affects multiple folders, sizes/ages of file and file types. There seems to be no pattern to which files...
  8. Problem with loading icon image file in win10 explorer

Problem with loading icon image file in win10 explorer: [ATTACH] I have problem with windows explorer loading the file in picture folder I had waited for more than one hour but nth pop up the green bar on top is forever loading furthermore, i tried the "this PC" trick, resetting the cache, etc.. it only works if i do not open my...
  9. File Explorer: Disable dragged-file's ghostly icon image

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer: Disable dragged-file's ghostly icon image: Anytime I drag a file(s) in a folder window, a translucent, oversized icon follows the mouse pointer, partially obscuring up to 4 nearby items. Can this effect be disabled? I'm sure somebody at MS thought it was slick idea, but it just gives me a headache. I haven't found...
  10. Icon images missing in dekstop and file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon images missing in dekstop and file explorer: My computer is a Lenovo Y700 laptop. Specs: i7 6700HQ @ 2.6GHz (Turbo to 3.5), GeForce GTX 960M 4GB, 16GB Ram, 256GB SSD. I had to force a log-off after a game (Tom Clancy's The Division) got locked up. I was able to use Ctrl-Alt-Del instead of holding down the power...