Windows 10: File Explorer in Details Pane View stops responding

Discus and support File Explorer in Details Pane View stops responding in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; File Explorer, in Details Pane View, stops responding after the closure of any .docx file or any .xlsx file if said file was opened via File Explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidTyndall, Mar 22, 2019.

1. File Explorer in Details Pane View stops responding

File Explorer, in Details Pane View, stops responding after the closure of any .docx file or any .xlsx file if said file was opened via File Explorer.

Older .doc files or .xls files do not cause such a problem, nor do .pdf, .txt or .jpg files cause such a problem.

The target files which cause problems for File Explorer in Details Pane View do not appear to cause any problems when those files are accessed by applications, such as Word or Excel.

The work around appears to be to switch the File Explorer view to Preview Pane.

What is the solution to enable the use of the Details Pane with the .docx and .xlsx files?

(Running Windows 10 Home, Version 1809, Build 17763.379, Updated 3/21/19.)

:)

DavidTyndall, Mar 22, 2019

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

File Explorer in Details Pane View stops responding windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

File Explorer in Details Pane View stops responding

Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane

Hi,

If you are referring for preview pane in File explorer then follow the steps below.

• Open File explorer; open any document or file or folder.
    • Click on View on the Quick access toolbar ribbon.
    • Click on Preview pane or Details pane.
    You may please provide your suggestions in the feedback app. It will be directly referred by our
    developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details and then select
      Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, choose a topic from
      Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope it helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer in Details Pane View stops responding

1. File Explorer in Details Pane View stops responding - Similar Threads - File Explorer Details

2. The details pane on file explorer update sucks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The details pane on file explorer update sucks.: I used to be able to highlight 79 photos at once and add a comment that would apply to all 79 photos. Now? NO I followed anther thread concerning this issue but the old "fixes" don't seem to work anymore. Is there anything that can be done to reverse this annoying "update". I...
  3. Explorer View Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer View Pane: I like to use view pane in Windows Explorer. So far, as I have installed the Adobe Arcobat, I could preview thepdf files on the View Pane in the Windows Explorer. Since I installed the app PDFsam, the preview style has changed and PDF is activated each time I want to preview...
  4. Enlarge Details View in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enlarge Details View in File Explorer: Hi! I've been searching for a solution to enlarge the details view in File Explorer for years, also other people have asked on the web for a solution to this but no answer so far, so I ask it here too: do you know any solution to make the text and icons of the files and...
  5. Stop Auto Arrange in Details View in File Explorer

Stop Auto Arrange in Details View in File Explorer: Windows 10 Pro, copyright 2019, local computer also accessing a windows server I have a folder on my c-Drive with hundreds of files. I am re-naming the files. Problem: each time a file is re-named, it jumps to a different location in the folder [example below] without...
  6. Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane, can I alter the view

Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane, can I alter the view: Hi, Can I adjust the view of the Explorer file details pane? I have a map with photo's and see a lot of info displayed. I would like to add the property "Owner", as I can in the file details list pane. That would be a great improvement....
  7. Move detail pane to bottom of File Explorer

Move detail pane to bottom of File Explorer: Hi community. I decide to have a new post about this issue. Following this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-details-pane-to-bottom-of-windows-10/6d885636-288a-4841-87a1-c1c99a2462df, I can tell there are a lot of people wanting the...
  8. Windows Explorer crashes stops responding only when using the details pane.

Windows Explorer crashes stops responding only when using the details pane.: Hello, I have this weird problem: I started to notice that Windows Explorer stops responding constantly just by single-clicking my document files. I looked at what my be the root of the problem and I noticed that when I stop using the details pane on Explorer the problem...
  9. Position of File Explorer Details Pane

Position of File Explorer Details Pane: Hi. According to the final entries on this old thread: Possible to display details pane on bottom? - Page 2 - - Windows 10 Forums oldnewexplorer doesn't work after the Windows 10 anniversary update. I've newly upgraded to W10 and am disappointed that there is no longer a...
  10. Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows: How to: Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows How to Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows The details pane shows you see the most common properties associated with the selected file. File properties...