Windows 10: File Explorer in Windows 10 fails to open one or two specific file extensions.

Discus and support File Explorer in Windows 10 fails to open one or two specific file extensions. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Most files I can open from File Explorer in Windows 10 but with a few specific file extensions eg. .SKF I have to open the file from within the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nelsmith, Dec 6, 2022.

1. nelsmith Win User

File Explorer in Windows 10 fails to open one or two specific file extensions.

Most files I can open from File Explorer in Windows 10 but with a few specific file extensions eg. .SKF I have to open the file from within the application once I have opened that. How do I cure this? It worked OK from Windows 7.

:)

nelsmith, Dec 6, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2022
  3. Shortcut to print without opening Visio File (VSDX extension)?

Since, without opening file, I can print VSDX file by following steps:

1. open file with Internet Explorer
    2. get Internet Explorer to print.
    Is there a shortcut ? My wish to have:

1. right click file with VSDX extension and print just like Office documents?
    2. VBS using COM
    3. Powershell script
    Thanks Ahead!

Sunny Schindler, Dec 6, 2022
  4. GTX
    GTX Win User

BIN extension file problem

ok thanks everybody for help and for trying to help *Smile File Explorer in Windows 10 fails to open one or two specific file extensions. :)
    i solved the problem... it was a simple deamon tools file just its not in the extension file
    sorry for opening a thread for this ...

Thema:

1. File Explorer in Windows 10 fails to open one or two specific file extensions. - Similar Threads - File Explorer fails

2. Is it possible to open two file explorers on the same window?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to open two file explorers on the same window?: I'm trying to open a few file explorers on the same windows and have them separated by tabs, so instead of showing 4 differents windows when I hover over the icon at the bottom, it will show only one, when I click and open it, it will show me the most recent one and 4...
  3. Is it possible to open two file explorers on the same window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to open two file explorers on the same window?: I'm trying to open a few file explorers on the same windows and have them separated by tabs, so instead of showing 4 differents windows when I hover over the icon at the bottom, it will show only one, when I click and open it, it will show me the most recent one and 4...
  4. Is it possible to open two file explorers on the same window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer in Windows 10 fails to open one or two specific file extensions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer in Windows 10 fails to open one or two specific file extensions.: Most files I can open from File Explorer in Windows 10 but with a few specific file extensions eg. .SKF I have to open the file from within the application once I have opened that. How do I cure this? It worked OK from Windows 7....
  6. File Explorer in Windows 10 fails to open one or two specific file extensions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer in Windows 10 fails to open one or two specific file extensions.: Most files I can open from File Explorer in Windows 10 but with a few specific file extensions eg. .SKF I have to open the file from within the application once I have opened that. How do I cure this? It worked OK from Windows 7....
  7. Windows Explorer Crashes when Opening files within one specific folder

Windows Explorer Crashes when Opening files within one specific folder: I have a folder for one of my classes, and every file within it not only fails to be opened, but the entire program stops responding altogether. It prevents me from uploading my completed assignments, and while I can open files from within Microsoft Word and such, I am...
  8. File Explorer not opening up in specific programs

File Explorer not opening up in specific programs: So basically my file explorer does not work on Spotify, Blizzard, Discord and Steam. Therefore, I am unable to change any profile pictures, playlist pictures, change file locations, post pictures, etc through these programs. This problem started occuring ever since I had to...
  9. file explorer extensions

file explorer extensions: I recently transferred my files from an old laptop to a new one. All of my files have a new extension similar to the following: (2019_03_15 16_15_59 UTC). What happened, what did I do wrong?...
  10. Excel Opens Two Files With One Blank

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel Opens Two Files With One Blank: I can't seem to catch a break since buying a new computer with Windows 10 and UltraHD. I've noticed that every time I open an Excel file, it not only opens that file, but it also opens a blank workbook as well. This has never happened to me on any previous computer or...