Windows 10: File Explorer incorrect size.

Discus and support File Explorer incorrect size. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH]I recently got a new laptop and when i started it the search bar in file explorer/control panel was the wrong size does anyone know where this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OXKoson, Jan 31, 2020.

1. OXKoson Win User

File Explorer incorrect size.

File Explorer incorrect size. 57aefbe4-5d5c-4771-90a9-6435b6bb20b9?upload=true.png I recently got a new laptop and when i started it the search bar in file explorer/control panel was the wrong size does anyone know where this setting is? a screenshot is linked bellow.

:)

OXKoson, Jan 31, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Restore File Explorer Default Thumbnail size

Hi Steve,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Which was the update installed prior to this issue?

You may change the icons size in the File Explorer to the default view by;

• Open File Explorer and click on
      ‘View’
    • Choose the desired icons size (Extra Large Icons/Large Icons/Medium Icons/Small Icons) and set it.

You may also run the Automatically diagnose and repair
    Windows file and folder problems
    troubleshooter and check if it works. This will fix the lost or incorrect
    View settings or customizations for one or more folders.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Incorrect folder size in file explorer

I’ve had this problem after October Windows update. Currently, file explorer stopped recognizing folder size. When I open properties, I can see incorrect figures. For instance, I know that my folder weighs 78 Gb but I it shows only 30Gb. The same
    problem is in the disk space. I use Microsoft surface book 2., Windows 10 v. 1809.

Casey Fortier, Jan 31, 2020
  4. File Explorer incorrect size.

How to automatically see the size of folders in the Windows 10 file explorer

Hi Zeljko,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in File Explorer settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to steps to find the size of the folder containing data in it.

1. Right click on File Explorer where
    Folder
    are present.

2. Then right click on the File Explorer and
    View
    menu.

3. Click on either Content or Details.

4. Check if Size is getting displayed or not.

Please get back to us with an update on finding the folder size, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer incorrect size.

1. File Explorer incorrect size. - Similar Threads - File Explorer incorrect

2. File Explorer Size & Alignment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Size & Alignment: I've had an issue for some time where File Explorer opens aligned to the top left and smaller than I resized it to, but only within other programs, such as Photoshop.I can open file explorer in Photoshop and move it to the center of the screen and resize it. Sometimes it will...
  3. explorer file properties incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer file properties incorrect: I will try to be brief; I have a sony camera that produces photos with high ISOs over 64000: if I view the properties of files with higher ISOs in Explorer, the maximum visible value remains 65535 instead of 102400. For me that I have many photos it's a problem because I...
  4. explorer file properties incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    explorer file properties incorrect: I will try to be brief; I have a sony camera that produces photos with high ISOs over 64000: if I view the properties of files with higher ISOs in Explorer, the maximum visible value remains 65535 instead of 102400. For me that I have many photos it's a problem because I...
  5. Font size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font size in File Explorer: I find the font size too small in File Explorer in Win 11, but when I try to increase the font size, it does not seem to effect the font size in File Explorer. Has that ability been dropped in Windows 11?I think I was able to increase it in Win 10. If some one has found a way...
  6. Font size in File Explorer

Font size in File Explorer: I find the font size too small in File Explorer in Win 11, but when I try to increase the font size, it does not seem to effect the font size in File Explorer. Has that ability been dropped in Windows 11?I think I was able to increase it in Win 10. If some one has found a way...
  7. File explorer icon size

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer icon size: Heyo Is there a way to set the size of every icon in file explorer to be the same all throughout my C drive? 159475
  8. File Explorer - File Size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - File Size: Hi. In the File Size column in File Explorer the size is displayed in kBs. When the list of files contains extreme size variations, there is a necessity to have wide column to get the millions of kBs displayed. Also, having the display automatically adjust itself to a...
  9. Font size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Font size in File Explorer: How can I increase the font size in File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size-in-file-explorer/ea1def19-1e9e-406e-bb9e-61defda02b64"
  10. Win Explorer is displaying the file size incorrectly, KB where is MB

Win Explorer is displaying the file size incorrectly, KB where is MB: New Laptop w/Win 10 displayed the file size correctly until this morning. This morning, they all are KB. It USES KB instead MB. I know they are MB size. Example, right window where the files are listed under the SIZE col, all are 00,000 KB. I know they are large so...