Windows 10: File Explorer info window obscures following items

Discus and support File Explorer info window obscures following items in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In details view, selecting an item presents a small window with additional info, that I am not interested in at this moment. This small window obscures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PiKo, May 28, 2021.

1. PiKo Win User

File Explorer info window obscures following items

In details view, selecting an item presents a small window with additional info, that I am not interested in at this moment. This small window obscures the name of the following items in the list, see picture. Is there any trick to prevent the appearance of this additional window

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 28, 2021
  3. ArmaRayo Win User
    File Explorer Quick Access trouble.. Cannot pin items

File Explorer is behaving weird - I cannot pin items to Quick Access. When I pin items they won't appear to QA. Also when dragging items to QA nothing happens and there's a small icon indicating that is not possible.

I did some "tweaks" with Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.5 but I haven't found a setting there that could of made QA to not function.

I did some steps as remedy that I found with Google but those didn't help.

Any suggestions?

ArmaRayo, May 28, 2021
  4. File Explorer info window obscures following items

Jump list File Explorer items not opening program

thanks for all suggestions have carried out most and found no difference so far. Will check out the clean boot tomorrow. John

barbershopjohn4, May 28, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer info window obscures following items

1. File Explorer info window obscures following items - Similar Threads - File Explorer info

2. File explorer items disappearing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer items disappearing in windows 11: Items in any folder in file explorer disappear all at once during loading and appear only when hovering over them. With them, left bar is also disappeared. It's a windows 11 and all updates are done....
  3. File explorer items disappearing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer items disappearing in windows 11: Items in any folder in file explorer disappear all at once during loading and appear only when hovering over them. With them, left bar is also disappeared. It's a windows 11 and all updates are done....
  4. Finding files with obscure names

in Windows 10 Support
    Finding files with obscure names: Files may appear in Windows Explorer with names that give no clue as to their nature or purpose. The names may be important to allow programs that depend on them to find them, or there may be other reasons why they should not be changed. What is the best way to add metadata...
  5. File Explorer tag info

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer tag info: File Explorer view can show tags. How to input tag info? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tag-info/a0dbb5c9-9f0d-4927-9e00-b1474bcf2400"
  6. Moving between items in file explorer windows 10

Moving between items in file explorer windows 10: Hey, I'm New on Windows 10, so i had a few things to discover and get used to. But one thing bothered me and i couldn't get used to it, which is the navigation between items in file explorer, in Windows 8 I was moving between the items and rows with just the arrow keys. Now...
  7. Arranging items within file folders in File Explorer

Arranging items within file folders in File Explorer: I understand that older versions of windows allowed the user to move items to whatever order they wanted. I am trying to create playlists with my music and it's just impossible! I have to be satisfied with alphabetical or whatever and cannot simply move the items to the order...
  8. File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info: Hi! This is my first thread post. I'm very concerned about this problem which I know little about. I am an avid mp3 collector and massively download files onto a 4TB external drive. The last time I checked a folder's properties to see how many files it contained, it read...
  9. Changing size of info box in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of info box in File Explorer: When I'm in File Explorer in the Pictures folder I often want to rename the caption on a specific photo. However, Windows 10 has increased the size/height of the info box & when I right click on a photo to open the box the box extends into the taskbar & I have to keep...
  10. Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.: I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything was fine then. But recently I am experiencing an issue which is "Pinned items and Jump List are not displayed in File Explorer in both Taskbar and Start Menu". Pinned items and Jump Lists are...