Windows 10: File Explorer is always on top

Discus and support File Explorer is always on top in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The only way to view anything other than Explorer is to minimize it, is there a fix? Version 20H2; Build 19042.746; Windows 10 Pro EDIT: Tried this,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rdwray, Jan 21, 2021.

1. rdwray Win User

File Explorer is always on top

The only way to view anything other than Explorer is to minimize it, is there a fix?

Version 20H2; Build 19042.746; Windows 10 Pro

EDIT: Tried this, but it fails on some things:
    Code:
    Set value to 0.

:)

rdwray, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 21, 2021
  3. In File Explorer a long list of file names snaps back to the top of the list after a few seconds

Hi Kenand,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you using external mouse/ touchpad while scrolling in File Explorer?
    • Is this issue confined only when accessing File Explorer?

This issue might persists if your using mouse/ touchpad with scrolling problem.

I suggest you to refer to the below posts and check if the your issue resembles the same, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned to check if your issue is resolved.

Windows 10 file explorer scrolls itself to the top

And,

Scroll Problems with File Explorer in Window 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 21, 2021
  4. File Explorer is always on top

Windows 10 File Explorer - the cursor continually moves back to the top of the list

Original title: Windows 10 File Explorer

When scrolling through a list of files in Explorer, the cursor continually moves back to the top of the list. Also when I try to rename a file the cursor moves back to the top of the list during this process.

RobertEades, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer is always on top

1. File Explorer is always on top - Similar Threads - File Explorer always

2. Window always on the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window always on the top: Hi,a software with PID 11068 is displyaing on the top of all other windows and I can't work. It displays a message "504 bad gateway".I can't minimize it because it doesn't appear in the taskbar, but i can only find it in task manager "details".How do you think I can make it...
  3. Window always on the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window always on the top: Hi,a software with PID 11068 is displyaing on the top of all other windows and I can't work. It displays a message "504 bad gateway".I can't minimize it because it doesn't appear in the taskbar, but i can only find it in task manager "details".How do you think I can make it...
  4. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top: I'm using WIndows 10, most recent version as of today.The last few days I've noticed a strange behaviour when accessing file managers, either File Explorer or 3rd party programs.When a directory or sub directory is chosen, the cursor always scrolls up to the top of the file...
  5. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top: I'm using WIndows 10, most recent version as of today.The last few days I've noticed a strange behaviour when accessing file managers, either File Explorer or 3rd party programs.When a directory or sub directory is chosen, the cursor always scrolls up to the top of the file...
  6. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Always On Top

in Windows 10 Customization
    Always On Top: Is there a way to keep a screen on top of other windows in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/always-on-top/6fe06a63-18e8-4ef7-b0d4-75658cda3397
  8. File explorer always reverts to top of window when wallpaper changes

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer always reverts to top of window when wallpaper changes: Hi all, This issue occurs when "Automatically select highlight color from my wallpaper" checkbox is ticked. When I open Windows Explorer and display a long list of folders and/or files, going down through them, each time the wallpaper changes Windows Explorer reverts to...
  9. file explorer popups not always on top

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer popups not always on top: Everytime I do a copy, move, delete in file explorer if it produces a popup that requires action it is normally not on top and I end up doing it again and again b4 I realize it is waiting for input from the last 10 times I did it. It would be so much more user friendly it...
  10. Taskbar Always On Top

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Always On Top: As of yesterday, the Taskbar on my Windows 10 install is always on top. No updates were installed yesterday or the past week so its not related to an update. I'm guessing some registry entry is messing things up. Any ideas? 67895