Windows 10: File Explorer is Blank????

Discus and support File Explorer is Blank???? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The problem is that everything is blank. When I try to open it to upload a picture in places like discord or here, it works fine, but when I open File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BigDooce, May 4, 2021.

1. BigDooce Win User

File Explorer is Blank????

The problem is that everything is blank. When I try to open it to upload a picture in places like discord or here, it works fine, but when I open File Explorer on its own it has this issue. I've tried to go to the "view" menu and reset defaults, I've tried a command prompt file scan, and I tried to just restart my computer. Please help

:)

BigDooce, May 4, 2021
  2. spysmily1 Win User

Icon for cmd.exe blank in File Explorer

The icon for cmd.exe is a blank file as in the image.

File Explorer is Blank???? [​IMG]

You can see the icon is correct in the properties window.

This is a recent clean install of windows about a week ago. Not sure when they changed but I do remember having the icon correct after the initial install. I've followed the instructions to rebuild icon cache for Windows 10 at http://www.howtogeek.com/232779/how-...in-windows-10/. It did not work.

Any suggestions would be great.

spysmily1, May 4, 2021
  3. BigDooce Win User

The problem is that everything is blank. When I try to open it to upload a picture in places like discord or here, it works fine, but when I open File Explorer on its own it has this issue. I've tried to go to the "view" menu and reset defaults, I've tried a command prompt file scan, and I tried to just restart my computer. Please help

BigDooce, May 4, 2021
  4. File Explorer is Blank????

How to display tile view for pictures in the File Explorer.

Hi Matthew,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in files view settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn on Tiles view of pictures.

1. Open File Explorer where pictures are present.

2. Right click on the blank space in the File Explorer.

3. Then click on View option from the list and choose
    Tiles.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. File Explorer is Blank???? - Similar Threads - File Explorer Blank

2. Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer: Sorry for the length of this. I simply want to completely explain the problem with the hope that it can finally be resolved.I have a Dell XPS desktop system with an Intel i7 processor, an internal Dell DVD-RW drive, and an external ASUS Blu-Ray DVD-RW. I have windows 10 Home...
  3. File explorer ribbon blank not hidden

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer ribbon blank not hidden: This window is maximized, but I cannot access most of the ribbon or minimize/maximize/close or navigation buttons. Sometimes this happens in Chrome and can be fixed by F11 full screen open and close. However, that does not work in file explorer. It's such a pain not to have...
  4. File explorer is completely blank

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer is completely blank: Every section of my file explorer is now completely blank. I can still access all my files but I can't see any of them. I haven't downloaded anything recently. My windows version number is build 19041.1052. Thanks 182496
  5. file explorer got blank

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    file explorer got blank: I just installed the sound changer for windows and then this happened I don't know why please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/file-explorer-got-blank/a4da69d8-b572-414f-b391-1ff666c8b5c6
  6. Files won't show. File explorer blank

Files won't show. File explorer blank: I've been working on my computer all day. Just an hour or two ago it started slowing down. I made sure every thing was okay in my task manager and then I scanned for viruses, but nothing turned up. I've repeated those things several times, and i still lag/won't see any files...
  7. File Explorer ribbon is blank

File Explorer ribbon is blank: [ATTACH]A couple days ago after Windows did an update, suddenly the Ribbon in File Explorer is always blank. Have done few more updates, hoping it would sort itself out, but it hasn't. Also started in Safe Mode, and it the issue is still there....
  8. File Explorer Icons blank

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Icons blank: After reinstalling Windows 10 my Word and data file icons were blank. I found in C:\windows\SHELLNEWthat the WINWORD8.DOC icon was blank so I changed it to the correct icon and itfixed my problems! See image: 90226
  9. Icon for cmd.exe blank in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon for cmd.exe blank in File Explorer: The icon for cmd.exe is a blank file as in the image. [img] You can see the icon is correct in the properties window. [img] This is a recent clean install of windows about a week ago. Not sure when they changed but I do remember having the icon correct after the...
  10. Get a blank page in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Get a blank page in file explorer: Hello.When I type something into the address bar in file explorer I just get a blank page. For example I tried this %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows the green bar came from the left to right and the page was blank,Its always blank what ever I place in the address bar. Any...