Windows 10: file explorer is broken! help!

Discus and support file explorer is broken! help! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so today i was trying to see my files via file explorer, when i realized it wasnt working, here is a videoof it happening click here to see the video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MicroFiend, Feb 28, 2020.

1. file explorer is broken! help!

so today i was trying to see my files via file explorer, when i realized it wasnt working, here is a videoof it happening click here to see the video

:)

MicroFiend, Feb 28, 2020

2. File Explorer

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on view option.
    • Click on preview panel to turn it Off and On.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further queries related to Windows, let us know.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 28, 2020
  3. wren9x Win User
    Windows 10 file explorer not responding

following ALL of the above steps did nothing. explorer.exe still broken.

additional steps taken:

1x system refresh, explorer still dead

1x clean boot, explorer still dead

3x sfc /scannow, rebooted in between, explorer still dead

1x restore point, all programs uninstalled, explorer worked for 4 hours, then died.

1x reset, explorer still never opened

1x reverted back to 8.1, explorer woked, autoupdated to 10, explorer died

1x COMPLETE WIPE, reinstalled 8.1, autoupdated to 10, explorer died.

wiping again. reeinstalling 8.1. turning off updates for good.

amazing this CRITICAL issue exists at all.

wren9x, Feb 28, 2020
  4. file explorer is broken! help!

File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

file explorer is broken! help!

1. file explorer is broken! help! - Similar Threads - file explorer broken

2. Explorer Is broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer Is broken: When I clicked the file the Window Explorer started to not responding and just a few moments, it close the explorer and I press Ctrl alt and del, and it is nothing, my laptop in trouble and is no way to shut down. Can you please help....
  3. Explorer Is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer Is broken: When I clicked the file the Window Explorer started to not responding and just a few moments, it close the explorer and I press Ctrl alt and del, and it is nothing, my laptop in trouble and is no way to shut down. Can you please help....
  4. File explorer is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer is broken: Every time file explorer is opened, the program freezes. Specific symptoms:"Saving As" in any software brings up the file explorer window that freezes for several seconds.Right clicking on desktop crashes Explorer, the taskbar stops working, everything resets.Opening up a...
  5. File explorer is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer is broken: Every time file explorer is opened, the program freezes. Specific symptoms:"Saving As" in any software brings up the file explorer window that freezes for several seconds.Right clicking on desktop crashes Explorer, the taskbar stops working, everything resets.Opening up a...
  6. File explorer is broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. File Explorer is Broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer is Broken: [ATTACH] Whenever I go into File Explorer this happens, and everything is invisible or covering other things I am trying to get to. What's happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-is-broken/8ce54f11-9912-4437-b800-70efda655e48
  8. File explorer search broken?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer search broken?: Latest version of Windows 10 1909, after some time it randomly won't let me search on file explorer..can't click on the search bar...nothing happens. Have to signout/restart or manually restart file explorer. Anyone else? submitted by /u/RedditUser09138 [link] [comments]...
  9. File Explorer Broken

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Broken: Company purchased two new Dell machines with windows 10 pro installed. Did the gamut of prepping them with getting them joined to our domain network, installing office 2013, AV etc. etc. Both machines worked fine. One client machine has SQL Express installed in order to...
  10. Search (file explorer) broken in 9879

in Windows 10 Support
    Search (file explorer) broken in 9879: Hi there I think the search is broken in file explorer in 9879 Say I'm just looking for all my ISO files -- I used to type in the search argument *.iso or even .iso and it would list all files xxxxxx.iso Now the search returns ANY STRING CONTAINING iso in it such as...