Windows 10: File Explorer is corrupt and freezes

Discus and support File Explorer is corrupt and freezes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I currently use a laptop with windows 10 on it and my file explorer wont work. I'm unable to download anything off the internet and whenever i go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Corbin Irvine, Mar 7, 2019.

1. File Explorer is corrupt and freezes

I currently use a laptop with windows 10 on it and my file explorer wont work. I'm unable to download anything off the internet and whenever i go to check my download folder, if i scroll down past a certain part in it, it freezes and doesn't respond. When i then close the file explorer, the computer does a refresh where the desktop and open apps disappear and then reappear except the file explorer. If i try to right click on the download folder, i get the same results with the freeze and refresh. I have run Anti Malware scans which didn't find problems and have done a System File Check which also didn't help. I don't know what to do and i'm pretty sure that its more than likely corrupt files or a virus. There are other problems as well which i don't know arise from the same problems but its where the task manager will close while i'm in it and the internet connection won't stay stable. Can anyone help me?

:)

Corbin Irvine, Mar 7, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Mar 7, 2019
  3. File Explorer freezes when hovering the cursor over the "create" section.

Hi Alex,

To better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages after File Explorer freezes?
    • What troubleshooting have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest you restart Windows Explorer by following the steps below:

• Type Task Manager in search bar.
    • Click Task Manager.
    • On the pop-up window, under Windows processes, scroll-down to
      Windows Explorer.
    • Right-click Windows Explorer, and click Restart.
    We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Kenneth Mon, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

File Explorer is corrupt and freezes

corrupt Folder in File Explorer

Hi,

this might be caused by a virus or a corrupted files. To assist you in resolving the issue, we suggest running the System File Checker. It helps scan and restore corrupted files. Check this link on how to know the step-by-step procedure in performing
    System File Checker.

Let us know if you need further help.

Anne Ros, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer is corrupt and freezes

1. File Explorer is corrupt and freezes - Similar Threads - File Explorer corrupt

2. Corrupted file freezing File Explorer and causing disk 100% Active Time.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted file freezing File Explorer and causing disk 100% Active Time.: Greetings,I have recently recorded a desktop video using video recording software "OBS", which after exporting seems to be corrupted. The file is in .mkv format, it has no thumbnail in the File Explorer and whenever I select it or right-click it the Explorer freezes up....
  3. Corrupted file freezing File Explorer and causing disk 100% Active Time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted file freezing File Explorer and causing disk 100% Active Time.: Greetings,I have recently recorded a desktop video using video recording software "OBS", which after exporting seems to be corrupted. The file is in .mkv format, it has no thumbnail in the File Explorer and whenever I select it or right-click it the Explorer freezes up....
  4. Corrupted file freezing File Explorer and causing disk 100% Active Time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File explorer freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer freezing: HelloI have an issue with my File Explorer.Every time I download a file and then try to immediately use it as an attachment, it either completely freezes or crashes.Sometimes it even forces me to do a restart.Please kindly advise.Thank you....
  6. File explorer freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer freezing: HelloI have an issue with my File Explorer.Every time I download a file and then try to immediately use it as an attachment, it either completely freezes or crashes.Sometimes it even forces me to do a restart.Please kindly advise.Thank you....
  7. File explorer freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Corrupt files and File Explorer is not responding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Corrupt files and File Explorer is not responding: Hello, I have tried opening a Word Document and it caused the File Explorer to not respond. I ran an SFC scan and was told the problem were corrupt files. So, I ran a DSMI scan and it apparently fixed it. However, File Explorer still stops responding when I try opening up a...
  9. File explorer freezing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer freezing: I have two machines one with Windows 10 Home the other with 10Pro, both are on build 19041.45 They have different security software and different applications but share the same recently introduced problem. File explorer freezes. I have tried most of the fixes that I find...
  10. file explorer freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explorer freeze: My File Explorer keeps freezing up. Can't move files, rename files, or even delete them without having it freeze up. Three month old computer and it hasn't worked correctly from the beginning. I have tried everything on the web it would seem but with no luck My system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer corrupted