Windows 10: File Explorer is displaying folders at the very bottom in Downloads

Discus and support File Explorer is displaying folders at the very bottom in Downloads in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is seriously screwing me up because I have A LOT of stuff in Downloads, and I depend on the folders being at the top. To clarify: Yes, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by small-angry-chaotic-neutr, Jan 26, 2019.

1. File Explorer is displaying folders at the very bottom in Downloads

This is seriously screwing me up because I have A LOT of stuff in Downloads, and I depend on the folders being at the top.

To clarify:

Yes, I have refreshed the folder many times.

Yes, I have closed and re-opened File Explorer.

No, this is not happening in any of the other media folders (Music, Pictures, Documents, etc.).

Yes, I have looked under the View tab to see if there's anything funky there. There is not.

Yes, this has happened before, but usually just refreshing the Downloads page fixes it.

YES, I HAVE TURNED MY COMPUTER OFF AND THEN ON AGAIN.

I'm flailing here. Please help!!

:)

small-angry-chaotic-neutr, Jan 26, 2019

2. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Jan 26, 2019
  4. File Explorer is displaying folders at the very bottom in Downloads

Files and folders not displayed in File Explorer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are missing some folders and files are missing.

Please follow the below steps and see if you can view the files or folders,

1. Type File Explorer options in the
    Search Bar and then Enter.

2. Click on the View Tab and then check the
    Show hidden files folders and drives.

3. Click on Apply and then
    Ok.

4. Now check for the missing files and folders.

I would suggest you to check the size of the complete files on laptop and then on Desktop.

Change the driver letter on the desktop and check if that is the problem.

Please follow the below steps for the same,

1. Click on Windows key + R for
    Run.

2. Type diskmgmt.msc and then
    Enter.

3. Right-click the drive that you want to change, and then click
    Change Drive Letter and Paths.

Do one of the following:

• To assign a drive letter if one has not already been assigned, click
        Add
        , click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.
      • To change a drive letter, click Change,click Assign the following drive letter, click the letter that you want to use, and then click
        OK.
      • To remove a drive letter, click Remove,and then click
        Yes
        to confirm that you want to remove it.
    Note:

• Some programs make references to specific drive letters. If you change a drive letter, these programs might not work correctly.
    • If you get an error, the drive you are trying to change might be in use. Close any program or window that is using the drive and try again.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer is displaying folders at the very bottom in Downloads

1. File Explorer is displaying folders at the very bottom in Downloads - Similar Threads - File Explorer displaying

2. Display the Downloads folder when you open File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Display the Downloads folder when you open File Explorer in Windows 11: File Explorer, the default file management tool of Windows 10 and 11 systems, opens Home, This PC or a OneDrive folder by default when launched. While these are the three default options that users may select between, there is also a hidden setting to open the Downloads...
  3. File explorer->downloads only showing folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer->downloads only showing folders: Recently when i checked my files to delete some stuff to make space for more. I noticed that i couldn't see any of my files other than my folder. I checked if it was to due with the view but wasn't that. I've tried restarting windows explorer but dosen't work. I know i...
  4. Windows automatically scrolls to the very bottom of folders when I add a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows automatically scrolls to the very bottom of folders when I add a file: I'm trying to sort some files and I keep getting this infuriating problem. I have two folders open, one of them is very large with many files. I am sorting files from another folder into this very large folder, and I NEED it to stay in place because I'm dragging files into...
  5. File Explorer can't open Downloads folder

File Explorer can't open Downloads folder: New laptop, latest Windows 10. If I try to view the Downloads folder from either Quick Access or directly under This PC, all I get is 'working on it'. Go to C;/users/../Downloads - no problem. Why?...
  6. File explorer/search very very very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer/search very very very slow: Green search bar takes 10+ minutes to complete its progress across the bar .. working on it ... ..... it says - really i think!! Since 20H2 'update' the whole OS seems slow to respond and react, with all apps very slow - obviously suspect the file access an search as the...
  7. File Explorer Changed Folder Display and Listings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer Changed Folder Display and Listings.: In File Explorer under Downloads, the folders/files are listed as A-H, I-P, Q-Z, and Unspecified. How this happened, I don't know. What I do know is that I don't like it. How to get it back to Default? docs and Music and Pics are not like this. I'm at a loss. I've clicked on...
  8. Explorer displays outdated, unvalid download folder "S:/"

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer displays outdated, unvalid download folder "S:/": On my explorer I see a system folder icon with downward blue arrow, indicating an outdated download folder. But I am not able to cancel it. The correct download folder is since long ago the windows standard folder appdata/Roaming/Downloads. The entries in the registry are to...
  9. File Explorer Downloads Folder

File Explorer Downloads Folder: After the 1903 update, the Download's folder in File Explorer is now showing a history of downloads, e.g., notice that Downloads is showing a download from "Last week (1)". How can I stop this folder from keeping track of downloads and have it behave as all the other system...
  10. File Explorer keeps throwing files to the bottom

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer keeps throwing files to the bottom: Hi guys, I have really annoying problem with File Explorer (This PC) on my work computer running Windows 10. I have organized my files starting with numbers 01_bla.docx, 02_bla.xlsx, 03_bla.dwg, 04_bla.pdf... Problem is, when I edit 02_bla.xlsx and save it in Excel (works the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer files at top folders at bottom