Windows 10: File Explorer is force closed after upgrade Win11

Discus and support File Explorer is force closed after upgrade Win11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have upgraded to Win11 two months ago, but recently the file explorer is force closed every day. do anyone have the same issue on this, and how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by hiRS95, Jan 22, 2022.

1. hiRS95 Win User

File Explorer is force closed after upgrade Win11

I have upgraded to Win11 two months ago, but recently the file explorer is force closed every day. do anyone have the same issue on this, and how to solve it, do I need to use back to Win10

:)

hiRS95, Jan 22, 2022

2. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 22, 2022
  3. rdwray Win User
    Close File Explorer Window

This code did list the Explorer windows, but I ran the "close" shell as Administrator with two Explorer windows open and it did not close either.

rdwray, Jan 22, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

Close File Explorer Window

That one closes File explorer windows [without the side effect of closing IE].

Thanks,

Denis

Thema:

1. File Explorer is force closed after upgrade Win11 - Similar Threads - File Explorer force

2. Win11 File Explorer Freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 File Explorer Freezes: Every 10 minutes, taskbar and screen functions freezes at my Win11 Laptop. To be more descriptive; i can move my mouse or if there is a video playing it keeps playing but i can't click on anything. It becomes normal when i ctrl+alt+del and open task manager. Then after 10...
  3. Open folders are suddenly forced closed after a File Explorer crash or power up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open folders are suddenly forced closed after a File Explorer crash or power up...: This happens at least twice a month; my folders tens of them that I keep open while working are suddenly forced closed after I reopen my computer from "Sleep" mode usually after a long night functioning under this mode instead of being completely shut down or after a generic...
  4. Open folders are suddenly forced closed after a File Explorer crash or power up...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open folders are suddenly forced closed after a File Explorer crash or power up...: This happens at least twice a month; my folders tens of them that I keep open while working are suddenly forced closed after I reopen my computer from "Sleep" mode usually after a long night functioning under this mode instead of being completely shut down or after a generic...
  5. Open folders are suddenly forced closed after a File Explorer crash or power up...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows 11 Explorer always force close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Explorer always force close: hello everyone, here i have a problem when my laptop boots up, and I want to open windows explorer it opens and closes immediately. it happens often and won't stop unless i open google chrome or microsoft edge and windows explorer will be back to normal and can be used. but...
  7. Windows 11 Explorer always force close

Windows 11 Explorer always force close: hello everyone, here i have a problem when my laptop boots up, and I want to open windows explorer it opens and closes immediately. it happens often and won't stop unless i open google chrome or microsoft edge and windows explorer will be back to normal and can be used. but...
  8. File Explorer is force closed after upgrade Win11

File Explorer is force closed after upgrade Win11: I have upgraded to Win11 two months ago, but recently the file explorer is force closed every day. do anyone have the same issue on this, and how to solve it, do I need to use back to Win10...
  9. File Explorer closes after end of search?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer closes after end of search?: Open File Explorer in Windows 10. Enter my search criteria in upper right corner. Hit Enter. Wait. Search bar moves slowly from left to right. Some file results appear. After the search ends, the File Explorer window closes! Why? How can I fix this? submitted by...
  10. File Explorer Closes after search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Closes after search: How do I fix the problem of File Explorer closing at the end of a search? File Explorer in Windows 10 Pro closes all open file explorer windows when a search ends....