Windows 10: File Explorer is lagging and freezing

Discus and support File Explorer is lagging and freezing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a very annoying problem I have in Windows 10. It has been like this for 2 weeks and after a lot of searching and posting in forums, I haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Costa77, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Costa77 Win User

File Explorer is lagging and freezing

This is a very annoying problem I have in Windows 10. It has been like this for 2 weeks and after a lot of searching and posting in forums, I haven't got any fix whatsoever. I'll explain my problem:
    If I open This PC (for example) icon on my desktop, all of my RAM and CPU will be used and it will freeze my Windows for 20 seconds or so. The same applies to all the folders I try to open. When moving a 100MB folder, it uses almost all of my RAM and disk. I have tried the following commands but none worked: sfc /scannow, chkdsk and DISM.
    I have a HP Pavillion P6-2006pt desktop.

Please, if you think you know what's going on, please tell me, this is annoying as hell! Thanks.

:)

Costa77, Aug 17, 2015

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Aug 17, 2015
  3. immarsosa Win User
    can't go back to windows 7

i do not have windows.old file i need that file to go back. i having trouble with my laptop like playing minecraft windows 10 its lag and freeze playing online games still lag opening chrome take to long watching youtube videos freeze and lag i need help
    get windows.old file back

immarsosa, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

File Explorer is lagging and freezing

1. File Explorer is lagging and freezing - Similar Threads - File Explorer lagging

2. Windows 11 explorer freez and lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 explorer freez and lag: Windows explorer freezes and does not respond for about 8 seconds after 10 or so minutes of inactivity on the screen. When it is used, everything is fine. So, if I use the computer, everything is fine, but when I stop using it and leave it standing for about 10 or so minutes...
  3. Windows 11 explorer freez and lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 explorer freez and lag: Windows explorer freezes and does not respond for about 8 seconds after 10 or so minutes of inactivity on the screen. When it is used, everything is fine. So, if I use the computer, everything is fine, but when I stop using it and leave it standing for about 10 or so minutes...
  4. File explorer lag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer lag: Whenever I try use a click a file on file explorer it just stays there and load I tried waiting but it did this for about an a hour and its not just click files i tried to format my SD card and it just stayed there loading and when I try to unzip anything it just stays there...
  5. File Explorer Scroll Lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Scroll Lag: Hello, I have been experiencing lag when scrolling down the file tree in my file explorer. My mouse properties are fine and I am currently only experiencing this issue on my file explorer. I already reinstalled my GPU drivers but I have been unsuccessful in fixing this issue....
  6. File explorer graphics lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer graphics lag: [IMG] submitted by /u/Kronendal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ga3pqv/file_explorer_graphics_lag/
  7. File explorer lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer lagging: Hi! I have the following problem: I use Win 10 on my Dell notebook, and when I open the Windows File Explorer and try to resize it, then it starts lagging. This can be very annoying. Other applications work well without problem. What could be the problem? Can anyone help me?...
  8. Windows 10 Explorer freezing and lagging randomly

Windows 10 Explorer freezing and lagging randomly: I have had this problem before, windows explorer is freezing and causing other programs to lag, even as i am writing this i type and have to wait more than 5 sec for the text on screen to appear. file explorer glitches from dark mode occasionally turning white and scrolling...
  9. File Explorer lags

File Explorer lags: I have a new Dell laptop, 64 bit, 8 gigs running Windows 10 Pro. This machine worked fine but I downloaded a zip file. After that I found that when I clicked and dragged my cursor to select some files , it results in a good deal of lag. The object was highlighted, File...
  10. Lagging File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Lagging File Explorer: I seem to have done something in file explorer on my desktop that I did not on my laptop. When I click on any hard drive or large folder, the search bar takes forever to show the files. This used to happen in W7 and continues to do so in W10. I have tried to find where to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer is lagging