Windows 10: File Explorer is not reading CD/DVD: files/content invisible UDF file system

Discus and support File Explorer is not reading CD/DVD: files/content invisible UDF file system in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The File Explorer on my computer is not reading the files on my DVD/CD-ROM. The DVD/CD-ROM drive is working fine. Other CDs work ok. This CD, there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by db02, Mar 24, 2021.

1. db02 Win User

File Explorer is not reading CD/DVD: files/content invisible UDF file system

The File Explorer on my computer is not reading the files on my DVD/CD-ROM. The DVD/CD-ROM drive is working fine. Other CDs work ok. This CD, there are no files listed, shows "0 items".

Right click on properties show file system is UDF and about 28MB used space.

Right click on E:, Properties, Tools and Error Checking, run a scan and it comes back with no errors, when I open file explorer, two files appear for a brief moment then they vanish. To quick for me to read what thy are.

Windows Update troubleshooter: troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem.

How can I view to contents of CD/DVD where files/content invisible - file system is UDF?

:)

2. Need to read the file modification/creation date & time of UDF file system

I have some DVDs with loads of pictures and I want to be able to get a list of file names, dates & times using C or C++ API calls.

Apparently the DVD is written using the UDF file system and even the Win 10 File Explorer does not show the date & time.

1) why does Win 10 not display the UDF times

2) what library or API calls will allow me to read that information

Running the latest Win 10 update & trying to use MSVC 2019

miniTester, Mar 24, 2021
  3. BobGlik Win User
    unable to read UDF format CD on Vista desktop

unable to read UDF format CD on Vista desktop ?

Other CD/DVD formats OK

UDF CD properties shows 200+ MB data on disc but will not open any folder or file on disc.

I guess I need a reader of some type. Can you please suggest some basic simple alternatives to try ?

thanks

BobGlik, Mar 24, 2021
  4. tazzmart Win User

Burn Multiple AVI Files To CD or DVD With Menu

Burn Multiple AVI Files To CD or DVD With Menu

As is...I do not want to convert files to (dvd/vcd/svcd)format or any other format

My DVD player supports stand alone avi files
    So i do not need to convert avi files to watch on the tele.

Looking For A PROGRAM to Burn Files onto (CD/DVD) disc with A menu
    The objective is a DATA DISC with a menu

tazzmart, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

1. File Explorer is not reading CD/DVD: files/content invisible UDF file system - Similar Threads - File Explorer reading

2. File Explorer Invisible?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Invisible?: I've had this issue for about a month or two, Whenever I hover my mouse over file explorerthe icon I can see the window as in this Image but when I go hover my mouse over the window it's completely invisible, And when I go to click on file explorer or the window itself it's...
  3. File Explorer Invisible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Invisible?: I've had this issue for about a month or two, Whenever I hover my mouse over file explorerthe icon I can see the window as in this Image but when I go hover my mouse over the window it's completely invisible, And when I go to click on file explorer or the window itself it's...
  4. File Explorer Invisible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot read UDF file with Win dvd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot read UDF file with Win dvd: DVD media player not working properly distorted pictere https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-read-udf-file-with-win-dvd/895ee8fb-2e16-4a43-90d6-fe1c7d93b3bd
  6. no cd\dvd in file explorer

no cd\dvd in file explorer: file explorer no showing cd\dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cddvd-in-file-explorer/8b78080c-70ab-47be-a862-4a7f233c59fa
  7. windows 10 cd/dvd file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 cd/dvd file explorer: I can not burn file to my dvd/cd from file explorer since last windows 10 undate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cddvd-file-explorer/4d55ab0b-0695-4dca-aa47-24b7ac3d98f9
  8. Need to read the file modification/creation date & time of UDF file system

Need to read the file modification/creation date & time of UDF file system: I have some DVDs with loads of pictures and I want to be able to get a list of file names, dates & times using C or C++ API calls. Apparently the DVD is written using the UDF file system and even the Win 10 File Explorer does not show the data & time. 1 why does Win 10 not...
  9. Dvd Contents not showing in file explorer

Dvd Contents not showing in file explorer: Hi My DVD drive shows in File Explorer and in properties the disc shows as being almost full. However I am unable to see the contents of the disc....
  10. CD/DVD not showing on file explorer

CD/DVD not showing on file explorer: I noticed that on my W10 build, that the cd/dvd (Drive D: in my case) does not show on file explorer. However if I put a blank disk or a disk with data, it will show. This behavior is different than Win7, which always shows the cd/dvd drive. Is this a problem or feature??...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. udf disk not showing files