Windows 10: File Explorer is open on startup inside Taskbar with no preview

Discus and support File Explorer is open on startup inside Taskbar with no preview in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have this weird thing happening sometimes when I boot my Windows laptop. The File Explorer icon is highlighted in the Taskbar and if I move my cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kahan Bhalani, Aug 23, 2021.

1. File Explorer is open on startup inside Taskbar with no preview

I have this weird thing happening sometimes when I boot my Windows laptop. The File Explorer icon is highlighted in the Taskbar and if I move my cursor over there it shows the following preview. On clicking the preview, nothing happens. The only thing I can do is close it.I am worried as is this due to some kind of malware? And, this happens only sometimes and the rest of the time it's not open on startup.

:)

Kahan Bhalani, Aug 23, 2021

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 23, 2021
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Aug 23, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

File Explorer is open on startup inside Taskbar with no preview

Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 23, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer is open on startup inside Taskbar with no preview

1. File Explorer is open on startup inside Taskbar with no preview - Similar Threads - File Explorer open

2. Windows 11 Insider Preview - File Explorer Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Insider Preview - File Explorer Crashes: My OSEdition Windows 11 Home Insider Preview Version 22H2 Installed on ‎4/‎23/‎2023 OS build 25346.1001 Serial number MJ0BKA99 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.25346.1001.0 The SymptomFile Explorer Crashes every time I open it.It shows "Working on it" briefly...
  3. Windows 11 Insider Preview - File Explorer Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Insider Preview - File Explorer Crashes: My OSEdition Windows 11 Home Insider Preview Version 22H2 Installed on ‎4/‎23/‎2023 OS build 25346.1001 Serial number MJ0BKA99 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.25346.1001.0 The SymptomFile Explorer Crashes every time I open it.It shows "Working on it" briefly...
  4. Preview in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preview in File Explorer: Recently the preview function on File explorer stopped working for my PDF files. I have Bluebeam set up as my Default PDF viewer, I tried changing it to the Microsoft Viewer but that did not allow a Preview either. I need to preview files! Help...
  5. Is there a way to place the preview pane inside the file explorer pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to place the preview pane inside the file explorer pane: I have a blank space in my file explorer ribbon panel on the right. Can I place the preview pane there? I'm running the latest Windows 10 Pro.. [img] Appreciate some insights on this..thank you.. Rgds, 150811
  6. Unable to open Office files inside file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open Office files inside file explorer: I am running Windows 10. Inside file explorer, I cannot open office files word, excel, pics, etc - I CAN open PDFs. If I go into the application, word for example, I can pull the file up through browse and open it from there. I also have no preview images on pics. When I...
  7. File Explorer always opens on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer always opens on startup: My windows file explorer always opens on startup, and I cannot get it to stop. It always pulls up on the OneDrive Files (not sure if that is relevant). I cannot find a way to get it to not open. Any help?...
  8. File explorer auto open at startup of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer auto open at startup of windows: till yesterday everything was ok but today suddenly when I start windows File explorer open automatically without any command, I did restart system thrice but same was happening. How do I remove this auto open of file explorer when I start windows. 37862
  9. File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup: I recently installed the November update on my computer and now the File Explorer runs at every start up. How can I go disable this and go back to normal? 34511
  10. Startup opening infinite file explorer folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup opening infinite file explorer folders: If you can navigate the computer in Windows, Go to Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Advance Startup/Restart Now. Try to restart in Safe Mode. You can also try to do a System Restore to a time before this happened. If you can't navigate the computer in Windows, do you...