Windows 10: File Explorer is showing a folder and its contents twice. How do I fix?

Discus and support File Explorer is showing a folder and its contents twice. How do I fix? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a folder that and its contents that appears twice. Since I have multiple drives I was concerned that somehow that I might be some how putting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RN1234, Apr 6, 2020.

1. RN1234 Win User

File Explorer is showing a folder and its contents twice. How do I fix?

I have a folder that and its contents that appears twice. Since I have multiple drives I was concerned that somehow that I might be some how putting files on different drives or different folders which could explain file loss misplacement .

File Explorer is showing a folder and its contents twice.  How do I fix? e9902062-9719-4315-b8e9-7359b4e90e80?upload=true.jpg

:)

RN1234, Apr 6, 2020
  2. jimbo45 Win User

File explorer shows EXTENAL USB volumes TWICE

Hi there

Anybody else get the problem of external USB volumes appearing TWICE in the file explorer list (Build 9860).

File Explorer is showing a folder and its contents twice.  How do I fix? [​IMG]

Not a show stopper but annoying.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 6, 2020
  3. File Explorer shows NAS twice

Hi Fred,

Shared folders or libraries appear on the File Explorer by design. Try following these steps and see how it goes:

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Select the library where you want to remove a folder.
    3. Tap or click the Library Tools tab, and then tap or click
      Manage
      library.
    4. In the dialog box that appears, select the folder you want to remove, tap or click
      Remove, and then tap or click OK.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Adrianne Buc, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

My internal hard drive personal document folders do not show in file explorer

Hi Kari,

If you're having trouble seeing your personal documents, it might be caused by a file corruption. We suggest following the steps provided by Pavan_N in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving similar issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

1. File Explorer is showing a folder and its contents twice. How do I fix? - Similar Threads - File Explorer showing

2. How do I fix "file Explorer?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix "file Explorer?": I have a samsung laptop. It appears they have microsoft products integrated into the operating system. Everything I was saving etc... was being saved to a "one drive" folder. I don't want that. I removed one drive from my laptop and now, when I go to "file explorer" it says...
  3. How do I fix "file Explorer?"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix "file Explorer?": I have a samsung laptop. It appears they have microsoft products integrated into the operating system. Everything I was saving etc... was being saved to a "one drive" folder. I don't want that. I removed one drive from my laptop and now, when I go to "file explorer" it says...
  4. How do I show content image on folder in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I show content image on folder in Windows 11: In windows 10, I was able to show an image of the contents of a folder that was viewable without opening the folder. When I set the image in Windows 10, the folder looked like it was partially opened to the right and the "contentss image" showed in the opened folder - now,...
  5. How do I show content image on folder in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I show content image on folder in Windows 11: In windows 10, I was able to show an image of the contents of a folder that was viewable without opening the folder. When I set the image in Windows 10, the folder looked like it was partially opened to the right and the "contentss image" showed in the opened folder - now,...
  6. External drives show twice in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    External drives show twice in file explorer: In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in file explorer. Once under This PC and again under Desktop. How do eliminate one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drives-show-twice-in-file-explorer/252c30a0-b538-4b32-b172-cad98e68cee4
  7. How can I view all folders' contents in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I view all folders' contents in File Explorer?: In file explorer where I see my Documents and folders, how do I get a view in which I can see not only a folder, but the folder contents? On a Mac, I forget what they called that view, but you could click on the folder, and see the contents in the column next to that....
  8. Dvd Contents not showing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dvd Contents not showing in file explorer: Hi My DVD drive shows in File Explorer and in properties the disc shows as being almost full. However I am unable to see the contents of the disc....
  9. External HDD showing twice in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    External HDD showing twice in file explorer: My external drive(Samsung) connected via usb3 has started showing twice in file explorer. Opening either shows exactly the same files inside. Screen shot below, I've never tried this so I hope I've done it OK Any help with removing the "imposter" would be appreciated....
  10. file explorer shows usb drive twice

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer shows usb drive twice: hi, i have an annoying problem. when i plug a usb drive, the file explorer shows the same drive with the same drive letter twice. it's no big deal but annoying like i said.. how can i fix this 25514

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to stop Windows 10 File Explorer from showing USB Drive directories Twice?