Windows 10: File Explorer - Is there a way to bulk create new folder within many folders and then...

Discus and support File Explorer - Is there a way to bulk create new folder within many folders and then... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Not sure if my title is helpful so I'll try and explain. Thanks for any help... Anyway, at work I have a folder that contains nearly 400... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hrmtcl, Mar 25, 2020.

1. /u/hrmtcl Win User

File Explorer - Is there a way to bulk create new folder within many folders and then...

Hi Not sure if my title is helpful so I'll try and explain. Thanks for any help...

Anyway, at work I have a folder that contains nearly 400 sub-folders. Is there a way to create a new folder within all of those sub-folders in one go?

The second thing, once those new folders are created is there then any way of moving everything in those sub-folders into the newly created folder that is also in the sub folders?

Basically I'm trying to avoid manually opening nearly 400 folders, then creating a folder called Analysis in each of those folders and finally moving everything that is in those 400 folders into the newly created Analysis folders.

submitted by /u/hrmtcl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hrmtcl, Mar 25, 2020

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 25, 2020
  3. I cant create a new folder in windows 10

Hi,

As the scans were not able to find any corrupted system files, we recommend that you try creating a new folder through
    File Explorer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type "file explorer" to open File Explorer.
    • Click Desktop.
    • Under the Home tab, select the New folder option.
    • Create a name for your folder.

Let us know if you were able to create a new folder by following the steps provided.

Dennis Mop, Mar 25, 2020
  4. gudiya#1 Win User

File Explorer - Is there a way to bulk create new folder within many folders and then...

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

1. File Explorer - Is there a way to bulk create new folder within many folders and then... - Similar Threads - File Explorer bulk

2. In File Explorer when creating a new folder, focus is no longer on "New Folder". It is in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In File Explorer when creating a new folder, focus is no longer on "New Folder". It is in...: In File Explorer when creating a new folder, focus is no longer on "New Folder". It is in the address bar. In the past, the focus was on "New Folder" giving me a chance to change the name. Seems like the new behavior is a bug. I certainly find it inconvenient. This started...
  3. In File Explorer when creating a new folder, focus is no longer on "New Folder". It is in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In File Explorer when creating a new folder, focus is no longer on "New Folder". It is in...: In File Explorer when creating a new folder, focus is no longer on "New Folder". It is in the address bar. In the past, the focus was on "New Folder" giving me a chance to change the name. Seems like the new behavior is a bug. I certainly find it inconvenient. This started...
  4. Files created on chrome_PuffinComponentUnpacker_BeginUnzipping* folder, within temp folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files created on chrome_PuffinComponentUnpacker_BeginUnzipping* folder, within temp folder?: I have witnessed following files being created on my PC during the startup: C:\\Users\\User1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\chrome_PuffinComponentUnpacker_BeginUnzipping11296_2132512403\\app-setup.js...
  5. Files created on chrome_PuffinComponentUnpacker_BeginUnzipping* folder, within temp folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files created on chrome_PuffinComponentUnpacker_BeginUnzipping* folder, within temp folder?: I have witnessed following files being created on my PC during the startup: C:\\Users\\User1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\chrome_PuffinComponentUnpacker_BeginUnzipping11296_2132512403\\app-setup.js...
  6. Can not create a new folder on the desktop and in file explorer in any folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not create a new folder on the desktop and in file explorer in any folder.: Have tried all previous suggestionssfc /scannow, DISM, reset file explorerexplorer.exe, perform clean boot and perform repair upgrade and others. Nothing has fixed/solved this problem. Don't know when this started, I usually don't create new folders that often. Please help....
  7. File Explorer can't create new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer can't create new folder: I have a new laptop which came with Windows 10 Home 2004, during my install/update/clean process it got updated to 20H2. I partitoned the disk and created a Users folder on drive D. At some point since File Explorer stopped creating new folders, right clicking doesn't show...
  8. File Explorer - Creating new folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Creating new folders: Windows 1909 and before. Issue: When I try to create a new folder in File Explorer I can only type one letter then File Explorer acts like I pressed enter. For example if I Create a try to creater called " File Explorer will only let me create a folder called "j" The work...
  9. Creating new files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating new files and folders: Every time I try to make a new folder or save a new file windows will not allow me. When i try yo make a new folder the following appears. [ATTACH] When scanning a document I get this [ATTACH] and when i try to save a word document I get this [ATTACH] Other apps give...
  10. Cannot create New Folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create New Folder in File Explorer: It works fine, but suddenly today the New menu disappeared from my click menu when I click on any blank place in a folder. What's worse, if I click the New Folder button under the File Explorer top menu, there is no response. In the end, I can only create new folders using...