Windows 10: File Explorer Isn’t Loading Please Help!!

Discus and support File Explorer Isn’t Loading Please Help!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Opening File Explorer shows a green progress bar that will never finish. It won’t even let me access my other files which I need for my college course... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/brown_brix, Sep 16, 2020.

1. File Explorer Isn’t Loading Please Help!!

Opening File Explorer shows a green progress bar that will never finish. It won’t even let me access my other files which I need for my college course and assignments. How the heck do I fix this besides rebooting every time it does this?

submitted by /u/brown_brix
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/brown_brix, Sep 16, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Sep 16, 2020
  3. ilangom Win User
    File explorer slow with loading thumnails and files

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

ilangom, Sep 16, 2020
  4. razghost Win User

File Explorer Isn’t Loading Please Help!!

File explorer slow/Never loading solution

Ok so since upgrading from 7 to 10 file explorer has been a absolute nightmare! Everything was either incredibly slow, didn't happen or only partially load. After enduring this to this day I have decided enough is enough and started diagnosing by limiting the startup services using MSconfig.

After going through enabling startup services groups at the time and restarting the computer everytime! Eventually I found the service that was causing the problems with file explorer. The service is called Windows search and once disabled it restored functionality to file explorer. The search function in file explorer works but the search in the taskbar doesn't.

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

razghost, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer Isn’t Loading Please Help!!

1. File Explorer Isn’t Loading Please Help!! - Similar Threads - File Explorer Isn’t

2. Please help, File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please help, File Explorer: Please help if you canI cannot open File Explorer, if I right click to open all I get is the hourglass! Opening files sent via email - File Explorer opens, but again with the hourglass!Plus Windows Update keeps failing Please help- Message given - There were some problems...
  3. Please help, File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help, File Explorer: Please help if you canI cannot open File Explorer, if I right click to open all I get is the hourglass! Opening files sent via email - File Explorer opens, but again with the hourglass!Plus Windows Update keeps failing Please help- Message given - There were some problems...
  4. Please help, File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows isn’t working properly…… Please Help!!!!!!

Windows isn’t working properly…… Please Help!!!!!!: My computer has a storage recycle bin that’s corrupt and I can’t even change the admin permissions my account says I’m an administrator but I still can’t click on certain files to even fix the problem so what should I do now? Because I tried everything...
  6. Windows isn’t working properly…… Please Help!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows isn’t working properly…… Please Help!!!!!!: My computer has a storage recycle bin that’s corrupt and I can’t even change the admin permissions my account says I’m an administrator but I still can’t click on certain files to even fix the problem so what should I do now? Because I tried everything...
  7. Windows isn’t working properly…… Please Help!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Please help! File Explorer Inoperable!

Please help! File Explorer Inoperable!: Hello, I purchased a refurbished Surface Pro this summer. It was working great for the most part, except it seemed to randomly freeze. I didn't think much of it, since it would usually get going again after. Now I essentially can't use file explorer at all without the...
  9. File Explorer Help Please

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Help Please: I used to open my File Explorer and it presented a menu as to which drive I wanted to go to, like C drive, D drive or R drive or other drives I have on here. Do you know of a way how I can get it back that way by clicking on File Explorer? Many thanks for all your help.God...
  10. Please help - file explorer will not open - solved

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help - file explorer will not open - solved: Hi there, so I recently got a MSI GL62 7QF with the standard 128GB SSD, then today I installed a second SSD to the spare drive bay in the laptop. The SSD is a 500GB Samsung 850 EVO which was brand new, never did anything with it, just took it out of the box and put it into...