Windows 10: File Explorer Isn’t Loading Please Help!!

Discus and support File Explorer Isn’t Loading Please Help!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Opening File Explorer shows a green progress bar that will never finish. It won’t even let me access my other files which I need for my college course... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/brown_brix, Sep 16, 2020.

1. File Explorer Isn’t Loading Please Help!!

Opening File Explorer shows a green progress bar that will never finish. It won’t even let me access my other files which I need for my college course and assignments. How the heck do I fix this besides rebooting every time it does this?

submitted by /u/brown_brix
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/brown_brix, Sep 16, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Sep 16, 2020
  3. ilangom Win User
    File explorer slow with loading thumnails and files

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

ilangom, Sep 16, 2020
  4. razghost Win User

File Explorer Isn’t Loading Please Help!!

File explorer slow/Never loading solution

Ok so since upgrading from 7 to 10 file explorer has been a absolute nightmare! Everything was either incredibly slow, didn't happen or only partially load. After enduring this to this day I have decided enough is enough and started diagnosing by limiting the startup services using MSconfig.

After going through enabling startup services groups at the time and restarting the computer everytime! Eventually I found the service that was causing the problems with file explorer. The service is called Windows search and once disabled it restored functionality to file explorer. The search function in file explorer works but the search in the taskbar doesn't.

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

razghost, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer Isn’t Loading Please Help!!

1. File Explorer Isn’t Loading Please Help!! - Similar Threads - File Explorer Isn’t

2. file exploreer help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    file exploreer help: every time i try and open the file explorer app, it takes at least five minutes to open. It also slows the whole computer down. the same thing happens with the windows start menu and my whole computer slows down. help? submitted by /u/ArinTheMaster10 [link] [comments]...
  3. File Explorer Loading Files Slowly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer Loading Files Slowly: Hi, everyone Hoping someone could help me with a problem I'm having with my File Explorer. I have 2 folders with a huge number of files (Folder 1 with 47K images at 34GB, and Folder 2 with 113K images at 53GB). Folder 1 takes the green bar 30sec to load up its files, but...
  4. File Explorer not openning. Please help me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not openning. Please help me: Hi, My file explorer all of a sudden won't open in Windows 10. Could someone please help me? I tried to create a new short cut. I have ended the task in windows explorer Nothing seems to work. I can see in the preview screen at the bottom of my taskbar, but I can't...
  5. File explorer help.

File explorer help.: File explorer opens two windows when waking from sleep . How can this be fixed ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-help/204ff163-0807-4f5c-a8a2-3de15d77c278"
  6. Uninstalling OldnewExplorerer bugged my File Explorer (Please help)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstalling OldnewExplorerer bugged my File Explorer (Please help): So I used oldnewexplorer for a while but decided to uninstall it but somehow managed to uninstall it by downloading a different copy from the internet. This might have bugged it because after uninstalling, I ended up with two status bars showing up. Even after installing it...
  7. File Explorer Help Please

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Help Please: I used to open my File Explorer and it presented a menu as to which drive I wanted to go to, like C drive, D drive or R drive or other drives I have on here. Do you know of a way how I can get it back that way by clicking on File Explorer? Many thanks for all your help.God...
  8. Files Explorer right click freeze Please help!

Files Explorer right click freeze Please help!: Whenever I open File Explorer and try to right click a folder or file it just shows the blue loading circle and then freezes! I'm running windows 10, I've tried searching everywhere. This is not the same as the desktop right click freeze. Please somebody help, this is what it...
  9. File Explorer Help?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Help?: I can't find any setting or info on the internet as to why one of my drives is not showing on the left hand side of the File Explorer window.... Things to note: the drive in question is a software raid, syncing is done Anyone have any ideas? 40680
  10. Please help - file explorer will not open - solved

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help - file explorer will not open - solved: Hi there, so I recently got a MSI GL62 7QF with the standard 128GB SSD, then today I installed a second SSD to the spare drive bay in the laptop. The SSD is a 500GB Samsung 850 EVO which was brand new, never did anything with it, just took it out of the box and put it into...