Windows 10: File Explorer issue - upload/download/folder creation problem

Discus and support File Explorer issue - upload/download/folder creation problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys, I have a really big issue with hiccups on my Win10 (build: 10.0.19043) machine. Almost every time I create or delete a folder inside File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Whytek, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Whytek Win User

File Explorer issue - upload/download/folder creation problem

Hello guys, I have a really big issue with hiccups on my Win10 (build: 10.0.19043) machine. Almost every time I create or delete a folder inside File Explorer I experience a hiccup/freeze lasting a few seconds after which I have to refresh the File Explorer window to see changes. Working in Adobe Bridge I get no such problems. Also running in safe mode (no internet connection) seems to cure the problem. Also, while downloading/uploading anything through any kind of browser (FF, Chrome, Edge) using File Explorer to choose a path of either upload or download causes freezes lasting a few seconds. If I download automatically, via any browser to pre-selected download folder everything is in order and no freezes happen. I did almost anything - besides fresh Windows installation, that can be found on the internet about similar issues, for example here: Please Wait... | Cloudflare I do a lot of graphic design both 2D and 3D and working from home makes it really difficult as I cannot afford the time necessary to reinstall Windows and every app I use, because that would mean a few days of lost time and that is something I cannot afford right now. If any of you experienced something similar and found a solution that does not require fresh installation I would really appreciate it. If you need more information to help out - shoot. I'll gladly help you out. Thank you!

:)

Whytek, Jul 19, 2021

2. Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jul 19, 2021
  3. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 19, 2021
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Windows 10 default download file folder

Hi Janice,

The file path of your Downloads folder may have changed that is why the items that you've downloaded using Microsoft Edge always goes to a different file path. We recommend that you check the file path of your Downloads folder itself to see if it's in the
    default path. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Go to this file path: C:\Users\<your username>.
    • Right-click the Downloads folder, and the click Properties.
    • Go to the Location tab.
    • Check if the file path inside the text is correct. The file path should be:
      C:\Users\<your username>\Downloads

If the file path is correct, kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you the proper troubleshooting steps:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Does the issue occur when you download items using other web browsers like Internet Explorer?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

1. File Explorer issue - upload/download/folder creation problem - Similar Threads - File Explorer issue

2. Files Upload Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Upload Problems: Hi, i have a Moto G6 Phone and use my EE Data to tether to my PC via USB cable, whenever i have needed to transfer files / photos from my phone i go in to my USB settings on my phone and toggle from USB tethering to File Transfer the app screen appears and all the photos i...
  3. Files Upload Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Upload Problems: Hi, i have a Moto G6 Phone and use my EE Data to tether to my PC via USB cable, whenever i have needed to transfer files / photos from my phone i go in to my USB settings on my phone and toggle from USB tethering to File Transfer the app screen appears and all the photos i...
  4. Windows 11 File explorer and "upload file" issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File explorer and "upload file" issues: Hello,I have had windows 11 for awhile now, I recently installed the latest's update. I noticed now when I click on file explorer, it has trouble finding all the files and doesn't load like it used to. Also when I would click on upload file in an email or for for school work,...
  5. Windows 11 File explorer and "upload file" issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File explorer and "upload file" issues: Hello,I have had windows 11 for awhile now, I recently installed the latest's update. I noticed now when I click on file explorer, it has trouble finding all the files and doesn't load like it used to. Also when I would click on upload file in an email or for for school work,...
  6. Folder Creation problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Creation problem.: I have been running Windows 10 on a Lenovo desktop for many years. Recently, I could no longer create new folders on the desktop by right clicking or in File Explorer. Nothing happens. Over the past week I have tried multiple fixes that I have found on various support...
  7. Problems with "This PC" folder in File Explorer.

Problems with "This PC" folder in File Explorer.: Problems with "This PC" folder in File Explorer. I would like to get rid of one of the 2 "Documents" folders in "Quick Access" In "This PC" folder I would like to get the correct "Documents" folder and avoid errors. In "This PC" folder I would like to get DeskTop to work...
  8. File Explorer Downloads Folder

File Explorer Downloads Folder: After the 1903 update, the Download's folder in File Explorer is now showing a history of downloads, e.g., notice that Downloads is showing a download from "Last week (1)". How can I stop this folder from keeping track of downloads and have it behave as all the other system...
  9. folder creation problem

folder creation problem: when I create command promot through directory of folder on desktop it's doesn't show on my desktop screen what's the problems ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-creation-problem/84a866fe-7ab3-43e1-81c5-b1a558b3e884"
  10. Problem with the Downloads folder in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with the Downloads folder in Explorer: Hi, I have a persistent issue with the Downloads folder in Windows Explorer. I used a program called Winaero Tweaker to re-organize the left-hand side pane in Windows Explorer. To test it out I chose the option to remove the Downloads folder, and then put it back quickly...