Windows 10: File Explorer Issue "Working on It" is visible

Discus and support File Explorer Issue "Working on It" is visible in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I just recently upgraded my PC's HDD to SSD instead of cloning the HDD, I performed a clean install of Windows 10 to the SSD and reinstalled all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KingRichard22, Jul 11, 2020.

1. File Explorer Issue "Working on It" is visible

Hi,

I just recently upgraded my PC's HDD to SSD instead of cloning the HDD, I performed a clean install of Windows 10 to the SSD and reinstalled all of my programs. The SSD was able to improve my boot times to 20 secs, speed of opening and closing of all programs was way better, and a better windows 10 experience overall. After using the PC for a while I began to notice that every time I click or open a folder, with files present or not, I can see the "working on it" appear, for a second or two, before I am able to see my files or "this folder is empty".

I have never encountered this before when I was using the HDD as my main drive. My previous HDD was a Seagate 2TB HDD 7200 rpm while my new SSD is a Samsung 860 evo 500gb. Does it mean that the SSD was defective somewhat? I checked the SSD with Samsung Magician - to verify its authenticity- and the drive was genuine. I also ran Crystaldiskmark the speeds of the SSD are consistent with what is advertised by the manufacturer.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

:)

KingRichard22, Jul 11, 2020
  2. cobrasl Win User

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

File Explorer Issue "Working on It" is visible [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

File Explorer Issue "Working on It" is visible [​IMG]

cobrasl, Jul 11, 2020
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jul 11, 2020
  4. File Explorer Issue "Working on It" is visible

Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

File Explorer Issue "Working on It" is visible windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer Issue "Working on It" is visible

1. File Explorer Issue "Working on It" is visible - Similar Threads - File Explorer Issue

2. All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop: Hi all,My wife cleaned up my keyboard in the afternoon and then all the files on the desktop are not visible anymore, but they are visible in File Explorer > desktop. So I'm wondering if there are any shortcuts or settings that are causing this. Here are the steps I've...
  3. All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop: Hi all,My wife cleaned up my keyboard in the afternoon and then all the files on the desktop are not visible anymore, but they are visible in File Explorer > desktop. So I'm wondering if there are any shortcuts or settings that are causing this. Here are the steps I've...
  4. All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. file explorer jpg comments not visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer jpg comments not visible: When using file explorer I cannot see a jpg "comment" if the jpg was first stored on a mac and vice versa. That is, when using a Mac the jpg "comments" created on a Windows computer do not display....
  6. Files not visible

Files not visible: All THE files and folders are missing from desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-not-visible/eff51d7a-f16b-4de2-921d-32fae7aa837d
  7. File Explorer Opens but is not visible on the Desktop Windows 10

File Explorer Opens but is not visible on the Desktop Windows 10: I open file windows explorer with Win+E and it is visible in the task bar, but it is not visible in the desktop and I cannot Alt+Tab to it. It appears to be on a different screen that I cannot access....
  8. Dark Theme - File Explorer Fonts Not Visible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Theme - File Explorer Fonts Not Visible: Hi Support, I have recently upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 and enabled the Dark Theme. But the file explorer header fonts are in the grey background and white font colour which makes it very difficult to see them (Not Visible). Does anyone face a similar issue or how to...
  9. File Explorer issue

File Explorer issue: When opening a folder/file in File Explorer from the Quick Access items, File Explorer (sometimes, but not always) will open up the tree under "This PC". This often takes me to sub-sub-sub-folders of the Quick Access item, and because the tree is so large, my Quick Access...
  10. Windows Explorer hides *SOME* files visible on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer hides *SOME* files visible on Desktop: Hi all, I'm having a problem with a brand new Dell XPS 15" computer regarding what files and folders it hides. Here's a picture of what is happening. [img] I have tried all the usual suspects. It is not marked as "Hidden" in the properties. I always enable "seeing...