Windows 10: File explorer jump list broken since 1903 update - doesn't show recent folders

Discus and support File explorer jump list broken since 1903 update - doesn't show recent folders in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used to have a list of recent folders in File Explorer under pinned folders. Now there is just one, the last one. How do I get the whole list back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stephen_C, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Stephen_C Win User

File explorer jump list broken since 1903 update - doesn't show recent folders

I used to have a list of recent folders in File Explorer under pinned folders. Now there is just one, the last one. How do I get the whole list back?

I have 12 pinned items, which I had before the update. The 1903 update apparently now only allows one recent item. So how can I allow more recent items without removing my pinned items?

:)

Stephen_C, Aug 26, 2019
  2. M11
    m11 Win User

Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List

I've read almost all the threads related to this subject.

I would like the right-click jump list on the file explorer icon in the taskbar to show a Recent Folders section.

I don't want Frequent Folders.

I don't want Recent Files

I'm not trying to pin "Recent Folders" to Quick Access.

I'm trying to make the jump list look like this:

File explorer jump list broken since 1903 update - doesn't show recent folders [​IMG]

3. zzeiss Win User
    Clear the recent list in File explorer

Original Title[File Explorer]

When I right click at Windows 10 File Explorer icon on taskbar it shows me pinned and recent items. How to clear the recent list? I tried turning off setting "Show recently opened items in Jump list on Start or the taskbar", and clearing history in file
    explorer under folder options. Nothing worked, list is still there.

zzeiss, Aug 26, 2019
  4. SCircuit Win User

File Explorer Jump List - Is This Normal?

I have File Explorer pinned to the task bar. The Jump List shows pinned folders and recently accessed folders only. It does not show recent or frequently accessed files. Is this normal behavior, or did I break something?

SCircuit, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

1. File explorer jump list broken since 1903 update - doesn't show recent folders - Similar Threads - File explorer jump

2. Windows deletes my FILE EXPLORER Quick Access folder list and Recent Files list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows deletes my FILE EXPLORER Quick Access folder list and Recent Files list: In the last 6 months Windows has, on three or four occasions, deleted both my FILE EXPLORER 'Quick Access' folder list and 'Recent Files' list. Why does this happen, and how can I stop it? It doesn't happen very often but when it does it is very frustrating - and so...
  3. How to get file explorer jump list to show recent folders?

How to get file explorer jump list to show recent folders?: My file explorer jumplist is just showing the default pinned folders Documents, Pictures, Download, and Desktop. I unpinned them all and they went to recent, but no other recently used folders appear in the jump list. Back windows 8.1 when I opened a file, the folder it...
  4. Windows 10 jump lists broken by recent update *again*

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 jump lists broken by recent update *again*: The jump lists accessed by right-clicking pinned apps on the taskbar have stopped working after installing updates kb4569751 and kb4565351. When I say "stopped working", I mean that I can still left-click on a pinned app e.g. File Explorer and it will open correctly, but if...
  5. Pinned Office Files do not Stay Pinned; No Recent Files List; [Jump Lists]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned Office Files do not Stay Pinned; No Recent Files List; [Jump Lists]: I ran into a problem again recently when I was helping set up a coworker's workspace. Right-clicking on office programs in the Task Bar for me always shows my recently opened files and files I have pinned there. His weren't showing recent files at all. He could pin files,...
  6. File EXplorer is unreliable since update '1903'

File EXplorer is unreliable since update '1903': since update version 1903 to Win 10 my Explorer is crashing frequently (for 1 week now). Eg double-click on a folder, eg local C station. I get a circle of Windows busy, then Explorer crashes, I get flung out. I have to click documents to re-open Explorer. Also the top bar...
  7. File Explorer does not apply folder options since updating Win10 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer does not apply folder options since updating Win10 1903: Hello guys, I've been experiencing the following issue. If i do right click on folder/properties/customize/optimize this folder for: and select any option, it does not apply the selection to the folder. It always stays on (General Elements). It is broken since i updated to...
  8. Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List

in Windows 10 Support
    Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List: I've read almost all the threads related to this subject. I would like the right-click jump list on the file explorer icon in the taskbar to show a Recent Folders section. I don't want Frequent Folders. I don't want Recent Files I'm not trying to pin "Recent...
  9. File Explorer Jump List - Is This Normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Jump List - Is This Normal?: I have File Explorer pinned to the task bar. The Jump List shows pinned folders and recently accessed folders only. It does not show recent or frequently accessed files. Is this normal behavior, or did I break something? 53096
  10. File Explorer jump list doesn't consistently show location popups

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer jump list doesn't consistently show location popups: Anyone else have this issue? When right-clicking File Explorer in the taskbar, a jump list appears, showing pinned and recent folders or locations. Mousing over these items should cause a small text popup to appear above the item that shows the full system path of the...