Windows 10: File explorer jumps to favourite folders or top of current folder tree

Discus and support File explorer jumps to favourite folders or top of current folder tree in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have seen discussions on this over many years. In the past this issue used to be caused by personalisation settings for example, when background was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GPB HMA, May 17, 2020.

1. GPB HMA Win User

File explorer jumps to favourite folders or top of current folder tree

I have seen discussions on this over many years. In the past this issue used to be caused by personalisation settings for example, when background was set to slide show, or colour was set to pick accent colour from my background. In the past I have used those fixes and stopped this problem.

But in recent months the issue has returned in a big way. None of the old fixes as above apply or work. So now something else much be causing this behaviour.

I have run the trouble-shooting tool on files and folders, and that hasn't helped.

Ideas on possible solutions would be welcomed.

:)

GPB HMA, May 17, 2020

2. Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder
    I've been using Windows 10 since it came out in 2015 and this issue just started yesterday October 6, 2019. I found an old thread concerning this issue but my current windows settings are the same as those recommended in that post .

When I open a file/folder from within File Explorer (where there are many files and folders) and scroll down and open a file in a new window, when I go back to the (Main) File Explorer it has gone back at the top of the folder. If I scroll back down the
    page to the file/folder I opened it's still highlighted and showing as chosen. This occurs no matter how far down in the folder I've scrolled.

As I mentioned I looked at all the previous solutions to this problem and checked my windows settings and they are already set to those recommendations.

Why is this just starting now after the last update and why has it not been fixed since it was an issue back in 2015?

RobertP1964, May 17, 2020
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    File Explorer jump list not working

Hi!

Okay yes. But you can also right click and pin to quick access. What ever is pinned in file explores quick access reflects in jump list. So if you drag a folder to file explore icon it should reflect in the quick access folder.

So in you case you can not launch the folder from the jump list. Plus you NAS folders. Which are network folders. Correct.

What I am doing is trying to recreate the issue locally so I can find the trouble. But no matter what I do my quick access and jump are working. So can you open the folders from the file explore tree quick access folder?

Teddy2016, May 17, 2020
  4. l_turn9 Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer - Scroll bar keeps jumping to top of folder files.

Thanks for the suggestion. I only have 2 connected computers in my LAN: my Desktop and a laptop which is what I use primarily. It seems to jump when ever I dig deep into a large folder system. By the term "Folder System" I am referring to a very large
    number of folders which may consist of over 10,000 folders. (I have roughly 750GB of data on my HDD). About the time I get 5 or move levels deep into my folders, the cursor will jump to the top of the list of files. I usually lose my place and have to
    start over.

l_turn9, May 17, 2020
Thema:

1. File explorer jumps to favourite folders or top of current folder tree - Similar Threads - File explorer jumps

2. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree: The below question is exactly what I want to know, but it was never really answered.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-view-to-show-only-open-folders-not-all/fed2ab61-eba1-4936-b27a-1eb4acc5e6d5I want to be able to show://server Folder E Folder 5...
  3. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree: The below question is exactly what I want to know, but it was never really answered.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-view-to-show-only-open-folders-not-all/fed2ab61-eba1-4936-b27a-1eb4acc5e6d5I want to be able to show://server Folder E Folder 5...
  4. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Folder Tree

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Tree: I did it again. While trying to unhook from onedrive, I ended up with a Music icon on a new D drive folder with folders under it where they don't belong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-tree/52e32790-a365-48cb-b079-99b63eae60fc
  6. How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder: How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder Please fix this bug. I have followed all of the instructions to turn off automatically pick an accent color". I have chosen a color and all is static. It still jumps to the top of the file explorer screen. This is an...
  7. File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10

File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10: When I am browsing files and folders in File Explorer, The user is scrolling down in a folder/directory and suddenly File Explorer jumps or scrolls to the top of the folder automatically. It is frustrating if I am selecting multiple files/folders, renaming a file/folder, once...
  8. Start Save file dialog’s folder tree from the top?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Save file dialog’s folder tree from the top?: When I go to save a file, it starts the folder tree on the left side somewhere in the middle. I always need to scroll up past the My PC section to the pinned links. How can I always make it start from the top, I.e. the pinned links? submitted by /u/CyCoCyCo [link]...
  9. Return of the annoying Windows Explorer folder jump to top bug.

Return of the annoying Windows Explorer folder jump to top bug.: So as a builder of my own PCs since the mid 90s, later windows versions back to XP have suffered from the really annoying behaviour in File Explorer where once the fist column is expanded beyond what can be displayed and a scroll bar appears a few seconds later the column...
  10. Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder: Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder I've been using Windows 10 since it came out in 2015 and this issue just started yesterday October 6, 2019. I found an old thread concerning this issue but my current windows settings are the same as those recommended in that...