Windows 10: File Explorer jumps to top item in file list when using F5 VPN

Discus and support File Explorer jumps to top item in file list when using F5 VPN in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 Enterprise ver. 1909 on my work laptop that I have local admin rights but don't manage. After I connect to F5 VPN via IE, File Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/My_Lucid_Dreams, Jun 6, 2020.

1. File Explorer jumps to top item in file list when using F5 VPN

Windows 10 Enterprise ver. 1909 on my work laptop that I have local admin rights but don't manage. After I connect to F5 VPN via IE, File Explorer jumps to the top file in the list every 10 seconds or so as if I pressed the Home button. I haven't been able to find anything online and the work support folks are scratching their heads. I'll be surprised if it's a Windows issue other than a setting and will try to get support from F5, but posting here to see if anyone else experienced it and has a solution. Thx.

submitted by /u/My_Lucid_Dreams
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/My_Lucid_Dreams, Jun 6, 2020

2. Jump list File Explorer items not opening program

Hi, thanks for the welcome note. I have for many months been suffering from the Jump list items on File Explorer not opening the program or item- after clicking the jump list item nothing happens. However if I right click on the jump list item then the mini menu does say Open at the very top which then does open the item. But that's not how it used to be. All other jump list programs work like a dream as they're meant to. I've been trolling the web for months trying to find a solution so I hope you guys can help. Many thanks. John
    ps I'm on Windows 10 Home 2004 - OS Build 19041.208

barbershopjohn4, Jun 6, 2020
  3. File Explorer Jump List

Hi, New PC Win 10 installed been working fine for about a year. All of a sudden, could have been after an update, and whilst all other jump lists are fine, the File Explorer jump list won't let me open an item by left clicking on it. To open an file
    from the File Explorer Jump List I have to right click to open the jump list then right click again to open the mini menu and then I can left click the word Open. This is so annoying when you're used to just left clicking the file once the jump list is open.
    Any ideas anyone apart from restore. thanks.

JohnBarrieUnsworth, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Stephen_C Win User

File Explorer jumps to top item in file list when using F5 VPN

Since Anniversary Upgrade recent items are missing from File Explorer jump list

Since Anniversary Upgrade recent items are missing from File Explorer jump list. The jump list on the File Explorer taskbar icon only shows pinned items, not recent items. How do I get them back?

Stephen_C, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer jumps to top item in file list when using F5 VPN

1. File Explorer jumps to top item in file list when using F5 VPN - Similar Threads - File Explorer jumps

2. Pin Files to Jump List on Taskbar Items by Dragging?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin Files to Jump List on Taskbar Items by Dragging?: I just got a new Windows 11 laptop. With Windows 10, I was able to drag folders onto icons on taskbar for programs that could open them--for instance, I could drag PDF files onto the icon for Acrobat PDF DC Reader, and make a jump list. So far with Windows 10, I have only...
  3. File manager Exploring Jumps to top or bottom of List when Saving.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File manager Exploring Jumps to top or bottom of List when Saving.: I bought a new PC Dell that i s a great device, super fast. However, after I had it a month or so File manager Exploring Jumps to top or bottom of List when Saving. It has nothing to do with Personalization/Auto Accent Color selections, etc. i have all thi soff. Two points:1....
  4. Jump list File Explorer items not opening program

in Windows 10 Support
    Jump list File Explorer items not opening program: Hi, thanks for the welcome note. I have for many months been suffering from the Jump list items on File Explorer not opening the program or item- after clicking the jump list item nothing happens. However if I right click on the jump list item then the mini menu does say Open...
  5. list of files jumps to the top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    list of files jumps to the top: It is the issue with File Explorer. When I open a long list of files trying to go through it, it suddenly jumps up, to the beginning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/list-of-files-jumps-to-the-top/36787289-5415-4a6c-b104-b14b6199b826
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer "jumps" to top of long list of files

Windows 10 File Explorer "jumps" to top of long list of files: This is one of the most annoying problems I've encountered with Windows 10. When looking at a long list of files using the File Explorer, no matter what I want to look at, it quickly jumps back to the top of the list. I know this is not a new problem my search shows a...
  7. Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder: Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder I've been using Windows 10 since it came out in 2015 and this issue just started yesterday October 6, 2019. I found an old thread concerning this issue but my current windows settings are the same as those recommended in that...
  8. File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!

File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!: I have multiple files in many folder. Sometimes, when I am scrolling down (Details view with Preview) the list will jump back to the top....this is really annoying as I can have several pages to review file names before I get to the item I need. Before you ask, I do use...
  9. File Explorer Jumping To Top of List Every Few Seconds

File Explorer Jumping To Top of List Every Few Seconds: I have read every page of the forum on the subject: "File Explorer Keeps Jumping Back To The Top" and the most poplular solution regarding turning off the "Automactically Select Color" option referred to apparently has nothing to do with my problem because I have gone in to...
  10. File Explorer Jump List - Is This Normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Jump List - Is This Normal?: I have File Explorer pinned to the task bar. The Jump List shows pinned folders and recently accessed folders only. It does not show recent or frequently accessed files. Is this normal behavior, or did I break something? 53096