Windows 10: File explorer keeps auto scrolling to the top when I hover the mouse over it.

Discus and support File explorer keeps auto scrolling to the top when I hover the mouse over it. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since I installed the latest windows 10 update, every time I scroll the mouse down in windows explorer (left file structure) it automatically starts to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkFord2, Mar 20, 2019.

1. MarkFord2 Win User

File explorer keeps auto scrolling to the top when I hover the mouse over it.

Since I installed the latest windows 10 update, every time I scroll the mouse down in windows explorer (left file structure) it automatically starts to scroll back to the top of the file list. This means I cant select any folders down the tree.

:)

MarkFord2, Mar 20, 2019

2. File Explorer keeps auto refreshing and scrolling to the top

I just upgraded to windows 10, the problem that i am having is with file explorer.

when i am scrolling down it seems to be auto refreshing(scrolling to the top) without any romps from me.

it gets annoying when you are scrolling down and suddenly your back at the top of the folder contents.

I would be gratefuller if anybody knows how to fix this problem.

Johan Barkhuizen, Mar 20, 2019
  3. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

Hi Shawn.

Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think much, just hit the button and upgraded to Win 10. Later I found my file list on the explorer keep jumping to the top just like the previous trial I have in other PC.
    Can you help me with that? (I already sent feed back to MS through Windows Feedback app)

Thank in advance.

Kevin

Kevin Ismail, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Deluneth Win User

Scroll bar keeps resetting in Windows File Explorer.

For some reason, when I'm browsing a long list of files, if I stop moving my scroll wheel for a few seconds, the scroll bar in the file explorer jumps back up to the very top. Which is annoying when I'm browsing a folder that has hundreds of files in it.
    This only happens in the file explorer. Any suggestions?

Deluneth, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

1. File explorer keeps auto scrolling to the top when I hover the mouse over it. - Similar Threads - File explorer keeps

2. Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug: Hey,i have like some other people also this issue:When i hover with my mouse over some kind of volume bar can confirm on Spotify App Volume, Default Windows Volume, Youtube Browser Volume bar it either increases or decreases volume automatically. It somehow depends on the...
  3. Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug: Hey,i have like some other people also this issue:When i hover with my mouse over some kind of volume bar can confirm on Spotify App Volume, Default Windows Volume, Youtube Browser Volume bar it either increases or decreases volume automatically. It somehow depends on the...
  4. File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over: Windows 10, fully updated today. 22H2In file explorer, if I hover over the navigation pane, it scrolls up to the top, meaning I cannot select the folder I need. It will stop when pressing CTRL but this behaviour is now a real pane. sic I have searched fora and support, trying...
  5. File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over: Windows 10, fully updated today. 22H2In file explorer, if I hover over the navigation pane, it scrolls up to the top, meaning I cannot select the folder I need. It will stop when pressing CTRL but this behaviour is now a real pane. sic I have searched fora and support, trying...
  6. File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Mouse hover-over volume auto-scroll bug/issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse hover-over volume auto-scroll bug/issue: I have a weird problem with my mouse logitech anywhere 2. If I mouse-mover-over a scroll bar for instance youtube volume slider or a text file it auto-scolls automatically just by moving the pointer over it - if I go over volume slider is slides to the left, if I hover over a...
  8. auto scrolling when i hover the scroll bar on chrome.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    auto scrolling when i hover the scroll bar on chrome.: so this problem only seems to happen in chrome. whenever i hover over the bottom side of the scroll bar it will auto scroll down. it does not happen when i hover the top half. fairly annoying when im tabbing back and forth from videos to games and such. any help is...
  9. Hovering mouse over folder does not open it in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hovering mouse over folder does not open it in file explorer: I have a problem with file explorer on windows 10 following the recent update. While drag and dropping a file into a folder, hovering over a folder no longer opens the folder to allow for direct placement into a subfolder. Any solution appreciated. ***Title modified from:...
  10. File Explorer keeps scrolling back to the top.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer keeps scrolling back to the top.: Updated Win10 Pro to 1809 before file delete issues. Patch was applied last night. In file explorer, in folders with large number of files, window will refresh back up to the top (approx every 5 seconds). After searching, the Personalization>Colors>disabling "Automatically...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer window scrolling down when mouse is in it

2. auto scrolling when mouse over it