Windows 10: File Explorer keeps closing

Discus and support File Explorer keeps closing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I open the File Explorer but it closes on its own 30 minutes later. What is the fix? Thank you. It is Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexandraPoltinger, Jan 24, 2020.

1. File Explorer keeps closing

I open the File Explorer but it closes on its own 30 minutes later. What is the fix? Thank you. It is Windows 10 Pro

:)

AlexandraPoltinger, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Gencijs Win User

File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Jan 24, 2020
  3. file explorer keeps closing randomly

I can't use file explorer - it keeps closing randomly

DafyddTomos, Jan 24, 2020
  4. File Explorer keeps closing

File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer keeps closing

1. File Explorer keeps closing - Similar Threads - File Explorer keeps

2. File Explorer keeps closing down by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer keeps closing down by itself: On my work laptop file for the last few weeks file explorer keeps closing itself. It is driving me mad. Is there a way to sort this issue?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-keeps-closing-down-by-itself/53de4f5c-c6a4-4f86-8e0b-e70ff648d138
  3. File Explorer keeps closing down by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer keeps closing down by itself: On my work laptop file for the last few weeks file explorer keeps closing itself. It is driving me mad. Is there a way to sort this issue?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-keeps-closing-down-by-itself/53de4f5c-c6a4-4f86-8e0b-e70ff648d138
  4. File Explorer keeps closing down by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File Explorer closing randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer closing randomly: Hi,Recently a lot of our users at work has started to experience several folders closing while either working in them or having them minimized in the background. This is regarding a specific Network Drive as far as i am aware of which is a shared drive where multiple users...
  6. File Explorer closing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer closing randomly: Hi,Recently a lot of our users at work has started to experience several folders closing while either working in them or having them minimized in the background. This is regarding a specific Network Drive as far as i am aware of which is a shared drive where multiple users...
  7. File Explorer closing randomly

8. Open File and Close Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open File and Close Explorer: Is there something like a context menu option to open a selected file and close File Explorer Windows Explorer at the same time? Sometimes I know that I have no further need for Explorer after selecting a file.Thanks!...
  9. Open File and Close Explorer

Open File and Close Explorer: Is there something like a context menu option to open a selected file and close File Explorer Windows Explorer at the same time? Sometimes I know that I have no further need for Explorer after selecting a file.Thanks!...
  10. Close File Explorer Window

in Windows 10 Support
    Close File Explorer Window: Using Taskkill to close File Explorer ends some programs running in System Tray, because it closes the Desktop, while Ccleaner can close it without ending any programs, how can this be done with a batch file? 130259