Windows 10: File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Discus and support File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Week ago File Explorer started to crash. It hapens all the time when I open two windows with different folders. Here is the problem description:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gencijs, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Gencijs Win User

File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Week ago File Explorer started to crash. It hapens all the time when I open two windows with different folders.

Here is the problem description:

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Explorer.EXE

Application Version: 10.0.17763.719

Application Timestamp: 578f7aa5

Fault Module Name: StackHash_4ca8

Fault Module Version: 10.0.17763.737

Fault Module Timestamp: ed90036f

Exception Code: c0000374

Exception Offset: PCH_10_FROM_ntdll+0x00000000000A02B4

OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 4ca8

Additional Information 2: 4ca8d2eb5342084fe09933ed1a374160

Additional Information 3: 7c93

Additional Information 4: 7c93ab308728677f5b28b94e099f0595

How to solve this problem. I did not succeed finding solution on the web

:)

Gencijs, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

Windows explorer (File explorer) Keeps crashing

Hi,

For us to know more about this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages whenever the File Explorer crashes?
    • Are you experiencing other issues aside from this after the update?

We suggest that you check on this article on
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    and try to open the Windows File Explorer again. If the issue still persists, you can check on this

link
    and try the second method given by ThofikAhamad.

Let us know how it goes.

Jaune Bel, Sep 26, 2019
  3. GaryA73 Win User
    Win 10 - File Explorer Crashes

This is what I ended up doing after trying other suggested things to fix my constantly crashing File Explorer. It did the trick!

It is kind of a pain to have to go back and reinstall all my programs, but it is nice that it saves a list of them in a file that you can refer to as you go to restore all your programs. I am trying to keep a close watch on the computer to see if it starts
    acting up again. Then I would look to the latest program I installed as being the culprit.

Thanks!

GaryA73, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Deygus Win User

File Explorer in Windows 10 keeps crashing

I have this problem as well and can confirm that it's an issue somewhere inside of Windows 10 and I have not yet found a fix for it either after several attempts. It happened after upgrading to Windows 10 even on a clean install of it a bit later on after
    having a crash where Win 10 failed on me for some odd reason. I've never had a file explorer issue with the previous version Win 8.1

Deygus, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

1. File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10 - Similar Threads - File explorer keeps

2. File Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer keeps crashing: I've seen many other posts similar to my situation, but none of them are exact. Whenever I try to attach a file through Google Chrome, the pop-up File Explorer window that lets you attach files freezes. It starts to load at first, but then gets stuck on the "Working on it..."...
  3. File Explorer keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer keeps Crashing: So file Explorer keeps Crashing altough the PC is brand-new and very welll equipped. Win 10These are the 2 reports I usually get:1000 100:Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version: 10.0.19041.2193, time stamp: 0x68923581Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version:...
  4. File Explorer keeps Crashing

File Explorer keeps Crashing: So file Explorer keeps Crashing altough the PC is brand-new and very welll equipped. Win 10These are the 2 reports I usually get:1000 100:Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version: 10.0.19041.2193, time stamp: 0x68923581Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version:...
  5. File explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer keeps crashing: I have multiple users experiencing the same issue.File explorer crashes. System is un-usable until explorer comes back around. When it does, all network shares are gone.I have tried the window scaling suggestion. No helpI have done the sfc / scannow. No help, no errorsI have...
  6. File explorer keeps crashing

File explorer keeps crashing: I have multiple users experiencing the same issue.File explorer crashes. System is un-usable until explorer comes back around. When it does, all network shares are gone.I have tried the window scaling suggestion. No helpI have done the sfc / scannow. No help, no errorsI have...
  7. File explore keeps crashing

File explore keeps crashing: HI everyone I have Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 on a Dell Latitude 7280 I have been unable to use File Explorer. As soon as I open it, it crashes: Details of the problem report below. I have tried running sfc/scannow, changing display...
  8. File explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File explorer keeps crashing: Whenever I try to open either my C drive or my E drive within File Explorer, it always causes it to freeze up and temporarily make the screen go black. This also happens whenever I right-click it or when I try to open up Recycle Bin. Any tips on how to fix this?...
  9. file explorer keeps crashing

file explorer keeps crashing: file explorer crash after I view / open a few pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-keeps-crashing/57881f9a-8da6-4f94-97e7-2ff887c6ed66"
  10. File Explorer Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer Keeps Crashing: I have seen this on other threads but I haven't been able to fix it yet. I run Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3 with 2 additional screens, a Dell and an LG. Everything has worked fine for the first few months, but in the last week I have had the same issue every single...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer keeps crashing windows 10