Windows 10: File explorer keeps crashing when viewing photos

Discus and support File explorer keeps crashing when viewing photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I read in another thread that this is an issue with other software that I am using, but I can't make head nor tail of the error message. Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dan_522, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Dan_522 Win User

File explorer keeps crashing when viewing photos

I read in another thread that this is an issue with other software that I am using, but I can't make head nor tail of the error message. Is there someone that can help with this. It is driving me crazy.

Using windows 10. I believe it is all up to date.

Source
    Windows Explorer

Summary
    Stopped working

Date
    ‎01/‎12/‎2019 15:02

Status
    Report sent

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: explorer.exe
    Application Version: 10.0.18362.449
    Application Timestamp: d3046e6b
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_933f
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.18362.418
    Fault Module Timestamp: 99ca0526
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: PCH_87_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009CC14
    OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 933f
    Additional Information 2: 933fe0691300ea43215674c77ebd6a75
    Additional Information 3: c6f0
    Additional Information 4: c6f0232c1176fad142a7618cbc0001d1

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 2a157cf42fe34dc9a6d18ae67cd2d6d6 (1644248061508245206)

:)

Dan_522, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Gencijs Win User

File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Topalu Win User
    File Explorer crashes when scrolling with "Content" view

I am finding that File Explorer is crashing after a search is complete and try to scroll through the list (200-500+) if the view is left in the default "Content" view. But, if the "Details" view is selected, can scroll the entire list no problem. Must
    be something with the "Content" view grid, with it's nested info, that it can't keep up with the refresh or something???

Topalu, Dec 1, 2019
  4. File explorer keeps crashing when viewing photos

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

File explorer keeps crashing when viewing photos

1. File explorer keeps crashing when viewing photos - Similar Threads - File explorer keeps

2. File Explorer keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer keeps Crashing: So file Explorer keeps Crashing altough the PC is brand-new and very welll equipped. Win 10These are the 2 reports I usually get:1000 100:Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version: 10.0.19041.2193, time stamp: 0x68923581Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version:...
  3. File Explorer keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer keeps Crashing: So file Explorer keeps Crashing altough the PC is brand-new and very welll equipped. Win 10These are the 2 reports I usually get:1000 100:Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version: 10.0.19041.2193, time stamp: 0x68923581Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version:...
  4. File explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer keeps crashing: I have multiple users experiencing the same issue.File explorer crashes. System is un-usable until explorer comes back around. When it does, all network shares are gone.I have tried the window scaling suggestion. No helpI have done the sfc / scannow. No help, no errorsI have...
  5. Photos crashing after viewing File Info

Photos crashing after viewing File Info: Hi, when I was opening an image, I checked the file info for the date it was taken. A couple of seconds after viewing the info, however, Photos crashed. I tried again and the same error occurred. Could you please fix this bug?...
  6. Explorer crashes when viewing a folder that contains .mp3 files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crashes when viewing a folder that contains .mp3 files: When opening a folder that contains some .mp3 files, the explorer exits almost immediately. The event log has the following: Windows cannot access the file C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_10.20022.11011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\resources.pri for one of the...
  7. File Explorer randomly crashing when using Task View

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer randomly crashing when using Task View: File Explorer crashes randomly when using Task View. Happens about 50% of the time when I click on Task View. anyone encounter this problem? submitted by /u/yaztech [link] [comments]...
  8. I cannot view photos in file explorer.

I cannot view photos in file explorer.: I cannot view photos in file explorer. Win 10 Says they are write protected. Unchecked read only, changed permissions. This was not happening 3 days ago....
  9. File explore keeps crashing

File explore keeps crashing: HI everyone I have Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 on a Dell Latitude 7280 I have been unable to use File Explorer. As soon as I open it, it crashes: Details of the problem report below. I have tried running sfc/scannow, changing display...
  10. File Explorer Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer Keeps Crashing: I have seen this on other threads but I haven't been able to fix it yet. I run Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3 with 2 additional screens, a Dell and an LG. Everything has worked fine for the first few months, but in the last week I have had the same issue every single...