Windows 10: File explorer keeps freezing on downloads folder Windows 10

Discus and support File explorer keeps freezing on downloads folder Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I open file explorer, it freezes whenever I click on the downloads folder. I can access all the other folders just fine, but downloads will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EmanuelorWhatever, Jul 14, 2021.

1. File explorer keeps freezing on downloads folder Windows 10

Whenever I open file explorer, it freezes whenever I click on the downloads folder. I can access all the other folders just fine, but downloads will not work no matter what I do. I've tried a lot of fixes, but none of them work. Any fixes?

:)

EmanuelorWhatever, Jul 14, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 14, 2021
  3. Searching folders freezes file explorer

Suggestions? WHen i try looking in folders, file explorer freezes

brettbonner, Jul 14, 2021
  4. File explorer keeps freezing on downloads folder Windows 10

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

File explorer keeps freezing on downloads folder Windows 10

1. File explorer keeps freezing on downloads folder Windows 10 - Similar Threads - File explorer keeps

2. My File Explorer Keeps Crashing after clicking the Downloads Folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My File Explorer Keeps Crashing after clicking the Downloads Folder.: Hello Microsoft Team,I need help as when I attempt to open the downloads folder through file explorer my whole file explorer freezes, and then crashes. A cause of this may be that before this freeze started occuring, I multiple selected a few files and may have accidentaly...
  3. Downloads Folder Freezes Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloads Folder Freezes Explorer: When I click on the Downloads folder under This PC on the leftmost pane of Windows Explorer, the explorer.exe process freezes. The memory/CPU usage keeps continuously increasing until I terminate the process from the Task Manager. This issue does not happen if I navigate to...
  4. FIle Explorer keeps freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FIle Explorer keeps freezing: This morning Windows Update applied 3 updates, KB4484126 for Office, KB4484238 for Office, and KB4549951 for WIndows 1909. Since then File Explorer has repeatedly locked up. It will quit displaying file previews in the preview pane, sometimes it won't even show the files in...
  5. Windows 10 file explorer - downloads folder keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file explorer - downloads folder keeps crashing: File explorer suddenly freezes up when I want to view the downloads folder. It says 'working on it ...' but I am not able to access that folder. I have checked the properties of the downloads folder, it is checked to 'general', but also checked to 'read only'. I have...
  6. File Explorer Downloads Folder Won't Keep Sorting Layout.

File Explorer Downloads Folder Won't Keep Sorting Layout.: I just recently updated my computer yesterday to the newest version on September 6th, 2019, and in file explorer, all my folders keep the sorting layout I set. Except for my downloads folder. And when I go to change the sorting system, it shows me this. [ATTACH] To...
  7. File Explorer Downloads Folder

File Explorer Downloads Folder: After the 1903 update, the Download's folder in File Explorer is now showing a history of downloads, e.g., notice that Downloads is showing a download from "Last week (1)". How can I stop this folder from keeping track of downloads and have it behave as all the other system...
  8. File Explorer keeps freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer keeps freezing: When I open the File Explorer, I can see my folders and files. However a few minutes later File Explorer freezes. So I have to close the File Explorer then start it again...
  9. Windows explorer downloads folder keeps crashing

Windows explorer downloads folder keeps crashing: Hi, I am using windows 10 Education (1803). For some reason the downloads folder keeps not responding. Every time I select a file that isn't a folder it loads forever and says "(not responding)". Its so annoying cause I can not even move the files. As soon I select the...
  10. Windows file explorer keeps freezing and crashing.

Windows file explorer keeps freezing and crashing.: Hi. It's been more than one month that I'm having this problems with Windows 10 Enterprise. I don't know what's causing it, but here's whats happening: When some program, game or similar needs to open "open file" and even sometimes "Save file as", the windows from File...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. freeze pc downloads and documents folders