Windows 10: File Explorer keeps hanging and crashing and not opening

Discus and support File Explorer keeps hanging and crashing and not opening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Totally frustrated. I am a SW developer for the last 20 years... And I cannot open the w10 file explorer without it being crashed or hanged.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShaharBe, Dec 31, 2018.

1. ShaharBe Win User

File Explorer keeps hanging and crashing and not opening

Totally frustrated.

I am a SW developer for the last 20 years...

And I cannot open the w10 file explorer without it being crashed or hanged.

Sometimes windows will be kind and open it when right clicking and sometimes not.

This is totally unbelievable.

I even don't feel like giving the details. This is beyond repair to my understanding.

I don't think anyone should be struggling repairing their file explorer in 2018. Almost 2019 actually.

Just letting you know my utmost and deep frustration.

This is a new Zbook HP laptop (bought 1 week ago) if anyone cares to know.

:)

ShaharBe, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Gencijs Win User

File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Jan 10, 2020
  3. ShaharBe Win User

Totally frustrated.

I am a SW developer for the last 20 years...

And I cannot open the w10 file explorer without it being crashed or hanged.

Sometimes windows will be kind and open it when right clicking and sometimes not.

This is totally unbelievable.

I even don't feel like giving the details. This is beyond repair to my understanding.

I don't think anyone should be struggling repairing their file explorer in 2018. Almost 2019 actually.

Just letting you know my utmost and deep frustration.

This is a new Zbook HP laptop (bought 1 week ago) if anyone cares to know.

ShaharBe, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

Windows explorer (File explorer) Keeps crashing

Hi,

For us to know more about this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages whenever the File Explorer crashes?
    • Are you experiencing other issues aside from this after the update?

We suggest that you check on this article on
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    and try to open the Windows File Explorer again. If the issue still persists, you can check on this

link
    and try the second method given by ThofikAhamad.

Let us know how it goes.

Jaune Bel, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. File Explorer keeps hanging and crashing and not opening - Similar Threads - File Explorer keeps

2. File Explorer crash/hang/badness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crash/hang/badness: I have seen this question for many years. Has there ever been a resolution?So, i have a great number of machines/users who are experiencing File Manager Explorer continually crash. I have replaced machines to said users. Explorer still crashes. Windows 10 clean build Explorer...
  3. File Explorer crash/hang/badness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer crash/hang/badness: I have seen this question for many years. Has there ever been a resolution?So, i have a great number of machines/users who are experiencing File Manager Explorer continually crash. I have replaced machines to said users. Explorer still crashes. Windows 10 clean build Explorer...
  4. File Explorer crash/hang/badness

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 File Explorer keeps Hanging

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer keeps Hanging: Hello, I desperately need some help to figure out what is wrong with my file explorer. I've been reading all the answers to similar questions and have performed all the suggested fixes - changed the display, changed Access to PC, run the Scannow and Restore Health first time...
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer keeps Hanging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer keeps Hanging: Hello, I desperately need some help to figure out what is wrong with my file explorer. I've been reading all the answers to similar questions and have performed all the suggested fixes - changed the display, changed Access to PC, run the Scannow and Restore Health first time...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer keeps Hanging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 file explorer "Open With" hang or crash.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 file explorer "Open With" hang or crash.: When opening any file double left click from File Explorer there is a 23 second delay. This happens for .txt file notepad .doc word .pdf pdf-xchange .xls excel. When right clicking on a file, the main properties menu opens but when the "open with" context menu is selected...
  9. File Explorer keeps hanging when it opens

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer keeps hanging when it opens: File Explorer keeps hanging when launching or when resizing the window. Some times it will un-hang by itself after a while if left alone, otherwise it will crash. I had an issue where Windows applications such as Task Manager or Settings where taking too long to launch from...
  10. [Crash] OGG files keep hanging/crashing my Windows Explorer!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Crash] OGG files keep hanging/crashing my Windows Explorer!: Most of my local music files are in .mp3 format; but I have a bunch of songs saved as .ogg files in few folders. Whenever I go to those folders, Windows Explorer freezes or crashes half the time. I Google searched the issue and the results mostly talk about freezes happening...