Windows 10: File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!

Discus and support File Explorer keeps jumping to the top! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have multiple files in many folder. Sometimes, when I am scrolling down (Details view with Preview) the list will jump back to the top....this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by George Nicola, Mar 16, 2019.

1. File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!

I have multiple files in many folder. Sometimes, when I am scrolling down (Details view with Preview) the list will jump back to the top....this is really annoying as I can have several pages to review file names before I get to the item I need.

Before you ask, I do use folders within folders but even they can have multiple files in them.

Anyone else come across this or know a solution?

:)

George Nicola, Mar 16, 2019

2. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

Hi Shawn.

Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think much, just hit the button and upgraded to Win 10. Later I found my file list on the explorer keep jumping to the top just like the previous trial I have in other PC.
    Can you help me with that? (I already sent feed back to MS through Windows Feedback app)

Thank in advance.

Kevin

Kevin Ismail, Mar 16, 2019
  3. DannyT11 Win User
    Windows 10 File Explorer will jump to the top of the list regardless of if it's focused or not

I think I may have found the solution. I hope it's just a temporary fix (before they can get a patch updated), but I've been watching my Windows Explorer folder for the past five minutes and it hasn't jumped to the top of the list like it always has since
    the issue started!

Windows 10 File Explorer - Scroll bar keeps jumping to top of folder files.

DannyT11, Mar 16, 2019
  4. File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!

File Explorer Jumping To Top of List Every Few Seconds

I followed your instructions step by step, restarted the computer, then went to “File Explorer” and opened up my “Pictures” folder I scrolled down about half way and waited for it to jump back to the top. After a minute or two it DID NOT jump back to
    the top. The only problem now is all of my thumbnails of photos are just icons now that look like a small sheet of paper with the top right corner folded over with JPEG written in bold letters through the middle of it.

How do I get the pictures back?

TheJoeCool, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!

1. File Explorer keeps jumping to the top! - Similar Threads - File Explorer keeps

2. File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10: As has happened on occasions in the past, in Windows 10 the File Explorer is jumping on its own from however far down I might be looking to the top as sorted of a folder.I have tried a fix suggested in the past selecting "Launch folder windows in a separate process" in File...
  3. File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10: As has happened on occasions in the past, in Windows 10 the File Explorer is jumping on its own from however far down I might be looking to the top as sorted of a folder.I have tried a fix suggested in the past selecting "Launch folder windows in a separate process" in File...
  4. windows explorer jumps to top

windows explorer jumps to top: This seems to be an ongoing problem. I have folder hierarchies of up to 20 main folders with over 30 sub-folders in some cases. The cursor jumps to the top on many occasions leading me to choose the wrong folders. I have done away with a slideshow, changed the background...
  5. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer jumps to top: This seems to be an ongoing problem. I have folder hierarchies of up to 20 main folders with over 30 sub-folders in some cases. The cursor jumps to the top on many occasions leading me to choose the wrong folders. I have done away with a slideshow, changed the background...
  6. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows explorer jumping to top

Windows explorer jumping to top: When using windows explorer to search for a file, after a few seconds the screen will suddenly jump to the top, meaning I either then have navigate back to where I was or end up clicking on the wrong folder. Before you say anything: I don't have Automatically Pick and Accent...
  8. Win Explorer - Cursor jumps to bottom or top of file

Win Explorer - Cursor jumps to bottom or top of file: When I open Win Explorer with the intention of searching/browsing my files, the cursor will jump to the bottom of the list of files within 10 seconds of opening Explorer. Also, if I enter a previously opened Explorer and if I am near the bottom, the cursor will often jump to...
  9. Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder: Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder I've been using Windows 10 since it came out in 2015 and this issue just started yesterday October 6, 2019. I found an old thread concerning this issue but my current windows settings are the same as those recommended in that...
  10. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top: Hi Shawn. Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer keeps jumping to top

2. file explorer jumping around

3. file explorer keeps jumping

4. windows file explorer jump to top,
  5. file explorer keeps jumping to the top,
  6. windows 10 file explorer jumping to the top,
  7. file explorer files jumping,
  8. files on computer keep jumping to top