Windows 10: FILE EXPLORER KEEPS ON "NOT RESPONDING"

Discus and support FILE EXPLORER KEEPS ON "NOT RESPONDING" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have new Acer laptop, then on my first day of using, File Explorer was good. But when I was using it on the next day, every time I open it, it keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BE1996, Apr 22, 2019.

1. BE1996 Win User

FILE EXPLORER KEEPS ON "NOT RESPONDING"

I have new Acer laptop, then on my first day of using, File Explorer was good. But when I was using it on the next day, every time I open it, it keeps on "Not Responding", I couldn't even click Quick Access, Documents, Downloads and etc. and I couldn't use it all day long. Even up until now it keeps not responding.

These are the things that I did:

- Restart the PC (no matter how many times)

- Restart File Explorer on Task Manager (no matter how many times)

- No matter how many times I've searched on google but still it won't work

Hope anyone could help. Thank you!

:)

BE1996, Apr 22, 2019

2. File Explorer Not Responding

Hi,

I am following very clear instructions online in order to fix File Explorer Not Responding on my brand new computer. Instructions I am following are at this link: https://www.****/knowledge/windows-10-file-explorer-wont-open-solved/

I can get as far as Step 4 where I try to right click on Quick Access within the File Explorer but because it is Not Responding this action does not work and I have to close File Explorer.

Does anyone have suggestions for how to get around this when File Explorer is Not Responding?

Alternatively, should I consider storing larger files in a different drive of the computer?

A little background: I have had this computer that came loaded with Windows 10 for about 1 month. The File Explorer would not respond when I first started using it (transferring in new files), and again recently when I have tried saving several (large) design
    files from Illustrator. This may be the culprit for it's bogging down; either that or perhaps because I just deleted 1000's of emails off of gmail? My text display size is at 100%.

Thank you.

ps I am not very computer savvy so please dumb down your responses!

CarlieBall, Apr 22, 2019
  3. File explorer not responding

Hi Sue,

After an update, your PC can sometimes cause software conflicts. We would like to know more about the File Explorer not responding. Please provide answers to the questions:

• Can you please tell us if this update was a regular security update or the Fall Creators update?
    • When you saw a dialog box, did you see a particular error message? If yes please send a screenshot.
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps to resolve the concern?

We'll wait for you response to our queries.

Robert Caw, Apr 22, 2019
  4. FILE EXPLORER KEEPS ON "NOT RESPONDING"

File explorer is not responding

Hi Saeef,

Please reply, did you try the steps suggested above?

We are not sure whether or not you have tried the above suggestion. If haven’t tried, follow the methods suggested above and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, scan the PC for the presence of virus/malware by running the antivirus security software. Run the antivirus security software twice to detect and confirm the presence of malware/virus on your PC. Check for the status of the scan
    to view the presence of virus/malware.

Write to us with the status of File explorer not responding on the computer for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

FILE EXPLORER KEEPS ON "NOT RESPONDING"

1. FILE EXPLORER KEEPS ON "NOT RESPONDING" - Similar Threads - FILE EXPLORER KEEPS

2. File Explorer keeps not responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer keeps not responding.: I have tried all the obvious solutions but no improvement. Even Task Manager finds it hard to close.New Lenovo desktop computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-keeps-not-responding/4109a51f-bd65-49cd-8e55-c9c91f4071ea
  3. File Explorer keeps not responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer keeps not responding.: I have tried all the obvious solutions but no improvement. Even Task Manager finds it hard to close.New Lenovo desktop computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-keeps-not-responding/4109a51f-bd65-49cd-8e55-c9c91f4071ea
  4. file explorer keeps not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer keeps not responding: My file explorer is not working right. Sometimes I need to wait for a long time or I need to stop it using task manager. Please help me fix this explorer or I will not use Microsoft again....
  5. file explorer keeps not responding

file explorer keeps not responding: My file explorer is not working right. Sometimes I need to wait for a long time or I need to stop it using task manager. Please help me fix this explorer or I will not use Microsoft again....
  6. file explorer keeps not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. File Explorer Not Responding

File Explorer Not Responding: I can't upload or attach anything from file explorer regardless of browser. I can open File Explorer on its own but it doesn't respond when I want to upload files online or attach files to email. I tried changing to Microsoft Edge and Opera, and it's still the same....
  8. File explorer keep loading and not responding.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer keep loading and not responding.: I have realize that I have these two extra folders, I don't know if this is the reason that lead to freezing my file explorer or not.Yesterday my pc work just fine but after some minor update, my pc somehow start up very slow and now my file explorer just not fixing.My...
  9. File explorer keep loading and not responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer keep loading and not responding.: I have realize that I have these two extra folders, I don't know if this is the reason that lead to freezing my file explorer or not.Yesterday my pc work just fine but after some minor update, my pc somehow start up very slow and now my file explorer just not fixing.My...
  10. File explorer keep loading and not responding.