Windows 10: File Explorer Keeps Opening Files Multiple Times In Multiple Windows

Discus and support File Explorer Keeps Opening Files Multiple Times In Multiple Windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have done the 'system file checker' scan and have the computer running in 'clean' mode and still Windows 10 seems to continue opening new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EricKlanderman, Jun 1, 2020.

1. File Explorer Keeps Opening Files Multiple Times In Multiple Windows

I have done the 'system file checker' scan and have the computer running in 'clean' mode and still Windows 10 seems to continue opening new manifestations of "File Explorer" without prompting. At the moment it is up to four, but it will continue to grow. Is there a fix in the offing for this? Or other steps I may take regarding settings?

:)

EricKlanderman, Jun 1, 2020

2. File Explorer Keeps Opening Files Multiple Times In Multiple Windows

Every time I try and open any file it opens in a new window multiple times, when just a couple days ago it would open up once in the same window, I have tried using default settings, and have tried "Launch folder windows in a separate process" but nothing
    seems to fix this problem.

JustinoTotino, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Can not open multiple File Explorer Tabs in Windows 10

I need to open multiple views of my file explorer as I need to transfer files to folders and I can not open multiple file explorer instances to do this easily. Sometimes it works and then it doesn't.

Normally I can just right click with my mouse and open multiple views of the file explorer but in the upgrade to windows 10 this is not working very well.

Can someone help please?

wendywoowooVX, Jun 1, 2020
  4. StephenR Win User

File Explorer Keeps Opening Files Multiple Times In Multiple Windows

Opening multiple files in file explorer

Windows 10. I no longer am able to open more than one jpg file in Photoshop Elements 14 (so maybe this is a PE problem as don't have a problem with Word or Excel files?) If I select more than one it will open every one except the first one selected (usually though seems a bit random). This happens if I select them and press Enter or select, right-click and select Open. Does anyone have any thoughts please?

(Also, not really related but when opening a file from explorer is there a way for it to keep focus rather than the relevant application?)

Thanks in anticipation.

Stephen

Also posted here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...=1471620690329

StephenR, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer Keeps Opening Files Multiple Times In Multiple Windows

1. File Explorer Keeps Opening Files Multiple Times In Multiple Windows - Similar Threads - File Explorer Keeps

2. Renaming multiple files on windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming multiple files on windows file explorer: I would like to know if there’s a way to rename multiple files at once. I’m aware that I can do that by selecting the files, right click, and select rename. However I don’t like how it renames the files. For example if I want to rename the pictures as “1” it will rename the...
  3. Renaming multiple files on windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming multiple files on windows file explorer: I would like to know if there’s a way to rename multiple files at once. I’m aware that I can do that by selecting the files, right click, and select rename. However I don’t like how it renames the files. For example if I want to rename the pictures as “1” it will rename the...
  4. Renaming multiple files on windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows explorer opens multiple files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows explorer opens multiple files: Hi, May be a repeated question, but I was wondering, why windows explorer opens multiple files in a strange order? For example, if say, I have four files in a folder, named A, C, J, Z and to open them, I select them in this order..A, C, J, Z, then windows will open them in...
  6. File explorer not opening multiple files at once.

File explorer not opening multiple files at once.: For some reason, when I try to open 45 files at once, it does nothing. Somehow I was able to do this with over 100 files but I forgot how I managed to do that. They all have the same program and same file extension .mesh. It's supposed to open with a converter program....
  7. Open multiple files at the same time?

Open multiple files at the same time?: When I R-Click on a file I can choose the Open With option to choose what program to open the file with but when I select multiple files and R-Click them the Open With option disappears. Why does that happen? Basically I want to open 5 jpeg images in Photoshop but...
  8. How do I open multiple files on File Explorer at the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I open multiple files on File Explorer at the same time?: For some reason whenever I select multiple files, for example 2 videos, only one video gets opened. I was wondering if there was a way for me to do this. submitted by /u/Killjoy3879 [link] [comments]...
  9. File Explorer multiple windows opening

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer multiple windows opening: A new glitch has developed in my Win 10 file explorer. Whenever I attempt to select multiple files in a row, in order to move them, no matter how careful I am multiple windows open for each file. As I have over 2000 files to move from one network computer to another this has...
  10. Opening multiple files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening multiple files in file explorer: Windows 10. I no longer am able to open more than one jpg file in Photoshop Elements 14 (so maybe this is a PE problem as don't have a problem with Word or Excel files?) If I select more than one it will open every one except the first one selected (usually though seems a bit...