Windows 10: File Explorer keeps rolling back to top

Discus and support File Explorer keeps rolling back to top in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When there are a lot of files, File Explorer Windows 10 won't let me scroll all the way down to the bottom to look at them all, it keeps returning to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Marty_C_, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Marty_C_ Win User

File Explorer keeps rolling back to top

When there are a lot of files, File Explorer Windows 10 won't let me scroll all the way down to the bottom to look at them all, it keeps returning to the top. This just started recently. What do I need to do to fix it? Thanks.

:)

Marty_C_, Jan 1, 2020

2. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

Hi Shawn.

Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think much, just hit the button and upgraded to Win 10. Later I found my file list on the explorer keep jumping to the top just like the previous trial I have in other PC.
    Can you help me with that? (I already sent feed back to MS through Windows Feedback app)

Thank in advance.

Kevin

Kevin Ismail, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Gencijs Win User
    File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Jan 1, 2020
  4. File Explorer keeps rolling back to top

File Explorer Keeps Resetting Back to the Top.

Hi Carrie,

I understand that you are facing issues with File Explorer on Windows 10. This could be due to change in file explorer settings or corrupt system files.

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest you to perform the system maintenance troubleshooter. It should resolve the common system problems.

• On your Cortana, type "Troubleshooting."
    • Choose System and Security.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Hit Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Jhessica Sur, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer keeps rolling back to top

1. File Explorer keeps rolling back to top - Similar Threads - File Explorer keeps

2. 23h2 Windows file explorer roll back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    23h2 Windows file explorer roll back: I initially had issues installing the 23h2 feature update and I decided to reinstall windows with the windows 11 ISO which I downloaded this week. Install went fine and the feature update installed perfectly. However today when booted up I was prompted restart for a Windows...
  3. 23h2 Windows file explorer roll back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    23h2 Windows file explorer roll back: I initially had issues installing the 23h2 feature update and I decided to reinstall windows with the windows 11 ISO which I downloaded this week. Install went fine and the feature update installed perfectly. However today when booted up I was prompted restart for a Windows...
  4. File Explorer Search Tools AND How to keep these on top?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search Tools AND How to keep these on top?: I am slowly getting acclimated to things and have learned to put a lot of tools on my taskbar so that I can find them when I need them. But how can I get the Search Tool to display before I enter search criteria. For example, trying to find a group of .jpg files that were...
  5. File Explorer Search Tools AND How to keep these on top?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Search Tools AND How to keep these on top?: I am slowly getting acclimated to things and have learned to put a lot of tools on my taskbar so that I can find them when I need them. But how can I get the Search Tool to display before I enter search criteria. For example, trying to find a group of .jpg files that were...
  6. Snap back to top in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snap back to top in File Explorer: Whenever I am searching files, in a folder that has more than one page view in Windows Explorer, it snaps back to the top after a few seconds. How do I stop this?...
  7. File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!: I have multiple files in many folder. Sometimes, when I am scrolling down (Details view with Preview) the list will jump back to the top....this is really annoying as I can have several pages to review file names before I get to the item I need. Before you ask, I do use...
  8. File Explorer keeps scrolling back to the top.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer keeps scrolling back to the top.: Updated Win10 Pro to 1809 before file delete issues. Patch was applied last night. In file explorer, in folders with large number of files, window will refresh back up to the top (approx every 5 seconds). After searching, the Personalization>Colors>disabling "Automatically...
  9. Updates keep failing and rolling back.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates keep failing and rolling back.: Windows keeps trying to update and when it restarts to finish it fails and reverses it. Im not sure which update is causing this.. 59923
  10. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top: Hi Shawn. Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think...