Windows 10: File Explorer keeps scrolling back to the top.

Discus and support File Explorer keeps scrolling back to the top. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Updated Win10 Pro to 1809 before file delete issues. Patch was applied last night. In file explorer, in folders with large number of files, window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hunuok, Oct 11, 2018.

1. hunuok Win User

File Explorer keeps scrolling back to the top.

Updated Win10 Pro to 1809 before file delete issues. Patch was applied last night.

In file explorer, in folders with large number of files, window will refresh back up to the top (approx every 5 seconds).

After searching, the Personalization>Colors>disabling "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" DOES not work.

Also, disabling Slideshow to single background color/picture DOES not work also.

I never had this issue prior to 1809 update. I had clean installed Windows a few weeks before update (without issues) and have not installed any new programs prior or since. Also, I noticed performance would be laggy the longer my PC is running. A reboot every couple hours restores performance.

This issue is frustrating as editing files is nearly impossible if working on files at the end of the folder.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

:)

hunuok, Oct 11, 2018

2. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

Hi Shawn.

Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think much, just hit the button and upgraded to Win 10. Later I found my file list on the explorer keep jumping to the top just like the previous trial I have in other PC.
    Can you help me with that? (I already sent feed back to MS through Windows Feedback app)

Thank in advance.

Kevin

Kevin Ismail, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Deluneth Win User
    Scroll bar keeps resetting in Windows File Explorer.

For some reason, when I'm browsing a long list of files, if I stop moving my scroll wheel for a few seconds, the scroll bar in the file explorer jumps back up to the very top. Which is annoying when I'm browsing a folder that has hundreds of files in it.
    This only happens in the file explorer. Any suggestions?

Deluneth, Oct 11, 2018
  4. File Explorer keeps scrolling back to the top.

Windows 10 File Explorer keeps scrolling to the top and hard to rename a file

Since upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 I have 2 persistent problems with File Explorer:

1. It keeps scrolling to the top. A few moments after I scroll down it brings me back to the top.

2. When I try to rename a folder it exits the renaming process.

Romualdo JrSta.Ana, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer keeps scrolling back to the top.

1. File Explorer keeps scrolling back to the top. - Similar Threads - File Explorer keeps

2. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top: I'm using WIndows 10, most recent version as of today.The last few days I've noticed a strange behaviour when accessing file managers, either File Explorer or 3rd party programs.When a directory or sub directory is chosen, the cursor always scrolls up to the top of the file...
  3. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top: I'm using WIndows 10, most recent version as of today.The last few days I've noticed a strange behaviour when accessing file managers, either File Explorer or 3rd party programs.When a directory or sub directory is chosen, the cursor always scrolls up to the top of the file...
  4. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer keeps rolling back to top

File Explorer keeps rolling back to top: When there are a lot of files, File Explorer Windows 10 won't let me scroll all the way down to the bottom to look at them all, it keeps returning to the top. This just started recently. What do I need to do to fix it? Thanks....
  6. Snap back to top in File Explorer

Snap back to top in File Explorer: Whenever I am searching files, in a folder that has more than one page view in Windows Explorer, it snaps back to the top after a few seconds. How do I stop this?...
  7. Scroll bar jumps back to the top in file explorer when trying to scroll down and I'm only...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scroll bar jumps back to the top in file explorer when trying to scroll down and I'm only...: Mouse not letting me click anything other than the top folder or file in file explorer and when I try to scroll down using mouse wheel or by dragging the scroll bar it scrolls back to top instantly. I clean installed windows twice and tried using an external mouse after...
  8. File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!

File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!: I have multiple files in many folder. Sometimes, when I am scrolling down (Details view with Preview) the list will jump back to the top....this is really annoying as I can have several pages to review file names before I get to the item I need. Before you ask, I do use...
  9. Screen keeps scrolling to the top

Screen keeps scrolling to the top: Please Help, While on the browser my screen will keep scrolling to the top of the page after just a few moments after scrolling down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-keeps-scrolling-to-the-top/9c5e93de-739c-4a38-bcaf-b13729f1ba83
  10. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top: Hi Shawn. Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KEEPS SCROLLING TO TOP

2. why do file explorer windows keep moving back to the top

3. Win10 - File Explorer jumps to top of folder

4. file explorer keeps scrolling to top,
  5. window of files keeps scrolling to top,
  6. dynamics scrolling through list and jumps back to first line,
  7. File Explorer keeps scrolling back to the top