Windows 10: File Explorer lag with nVidia driver in Windows 10.

Discus and support File Explorer lag with nVidia driver in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Thanks interesting read.. April 19: Official Dell Support Statement Regarding the Bug ...The root cause has been identified as an issue being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by anonjwm, Apr 5, 2018.

1. anonjwm Win User

File Explorer lag with nVidia driver in Windows 10.

Thanks interesting read..
    April 19: Official Dell Support Statement Regarding the Bug

...The root cause has been identified as an issue being caused due to “Windows 10 display Cache issue” Microsoft is releasing a hotfix soon which should resolve the issue. We're checking internally with our engineers to see if the release is already out to share it with you. You can also check on Microsoft's website.

anonjwm, Apr 5, 2018
  2. anonjwm Win User

I just received a new MSI GL62M 7REX-1067 laptop, I did a clean install of Windows 10 when I got it. Everything is fully updated and works very well.
    However, I have this lag when opening the file explorer from the taskbar. After doing research for a couple of days, I have read several people having this issue. From my understanding, it's not faulty hardware but a driver issue.

My laptop has integrated graphics and the GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. If I disable the GeForce, in device manager, all the lag goes away. The GeForce does great playing and rendering video. I'm not a gamer but I tested it on a few games and it did great there also.
    Has anyone else experienced this or know a fix? Thanks!

:)

anonjwm, Apr 5, 2018
  3. EdGibbons Win User
    Windows 10 lag

After installing Windows 10, I noticed lag also, especially when I played games. I ran dxdiag and saw my graphics driver was a generic Microsoft driver. I have an Nvidia graphics card, so I went to the Nvidia website, found a driver for Windows 10, installed
    it, and poof, no more lag.

EdGibbons, Apr 5, 2018
  4. File Explorer lag with nVidia driver in Windows 10.

File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Apr 5, 2018
  5. What do you mean by lag? Explorer startup lag or overall Explorer lag?

slicendice, Apr 5, 2018
  6. anonjwm Win User
    If I open File Explorer from the taskbar, I get about a 0.5-1 second delay from clicking it.

If I use the Windows + E key, it is instant.

The lag seems to be only when starting it but this happens every-time I open File Explorer when it's fully closed.

anonjwm, Apr 6, 2018
  7. Oh, we are talking about miniscule lag here. 1s lag is normal, sometimes Explorer opens instantly, sometimes it takes seconds. It all depends on what has already been cached in memory. Explorer loads quite a lot of stuff so it can take time.

I don't think there is much to worry about.

slicendice, Apr 6, 2018
  8. Samuria Win User

The lag can just be it reading the disk if you do it again it will be cached so will be quick

Samuria, Apr 6, 2018
  9. anonjwm Win User
    I understand that, it's not a big deal but it doesn't do it with the nVidia card disabled.

anonjwm, Apr 6, 2018
  10. anonjwm Win User
    anonjwm, Apr 6, 2018
  11. Helmut Win User
    That's normal, it's the same on mine. I just tried it.
    A shortcut on the Desktop and a Start Screen tile are also faster.
    I suspect reasons maybe having the small preview Windows on Taskbar items and having many items in the Task bar area.

To disable the Nvidia chipset, or either chipset, on an Optimus Laptop leads to some odd stuff happening. Also on that laptop there is additional MSI specific stuff as regards Display outputs which is common to both video chipsets.

Your video shows virtually no significant change.

Helmut, Apr 6, 2018
  12. Hans1144 Win User
Thema:

1. File Explorer lag with nVidia driver in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - File Explorer lag

2. Windows 11 file explorer lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer lag: Hi allHas anyone noticed if Microsoft has sorted out the lag when navigating file explorer in Windows 11? I'm currently using an HP Probook 450 G8 i3 11th gen with SSD, and when I upraded the laptop to Windows 11, I noticed an incredible amount of lag when navigating through...
  3. Windows 11 file explorer lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 file explorer lag: Hi allHas anyone noticed if Microsoft has sorted out the lag when navigating file explorer in Windows 11? I'm currently using an HP Probook 450 G8 i3 11th gen with SSD, and when I upraded the laptop to Windows 11, I noticed an incredible amount of lag when navigating through...
  4. Windows 11 - File explorer lags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - File explorer lags: This has been happening since I installed the beta. Submitted feedback as well. I have tried all the normal troubleshooting for a lagging file explorer. Quick access is disabled and SFC reports no issues.When navigating folders file explorer with lag and there is a brief hang...
  5. Windows 11 - File explorer lags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - File explorer lags: This has been happening since I installed the beta. Submitted feedback as well. I have tried all the normal troubleshooting for a lagging file explorer. Quick access is disabled and SFC reports no issues.When navigating folders file explorer with lag and there is a brief hang...
  6. File explorer lag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer lag: Whenever I try use a click a file on file explorer it just stays there and load I tried waiting but it did this for about an a hour and its not just click files i tried to format my SD card and it just stayed there loading and when I try to unzip anything it just stays there...
  7. File explorer lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer lagging: Hi! I have the following problem: I use Win 10 on my Dell notebook, and when I open the Windows File Explorer and try to resize it, then it starts lagging. This can be very annoying. Other applications work well without problem. What could be the problem? Can anyone help me?...
  8. File Explorer lags

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer lags: I have a new Dell laptop, 64 bit, 8 gigs running Windows 10 Pro. This machine worked fine but I downloaded a zip file. After that I found that when I clicked and dragged my cursor to select some files , it results in a good deal of lag. The object was highlighted, File...
  9. Unextracted files cause lag in File Explorer (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unextracted files cause lag in File Explorer (Windows 10): So, a few months ago, I got a Windows 10 Pro Dell Laptop, 64 bit, 8 gigs of ram, Intel Inside Core i7, pretty nice deal. I haven't really had any problems (Except the one I'm about to describe) or viruses (there was one small file which may have been a false positive but it's...
  10. Lagging File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Lagging File Explorer: I seem to have done something in file explorer on my desktop that I did not on my laptop. When I click on any hard drive or large folder, the search bar takes forever to show the files. This used to happen in W7 and continues to do so in W10. I have tried to find where to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvidia windows explorer lag