Windows 10: File Explorer launches when Edge is pinned to taskbar.

Discus and support File Explorer launches when Edge is pinned to taskbar. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a very peculiar situation where File Explorer launches itself when I open Edge from a pin on the task bar. If I go to the Start menu and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chris Madden, Feb 19, 2019.

1. File Explorer launches when Edge is pinned to taskbar.

Hi, I have a very peculiar situation where File Explorer launches itself when I open Edge from a pin on the task bar. If I go to the Start menu and open Edge, only edge opens. I have tried unpinning and re-pinning Edge to the taskbar, but the issue returns.

Any ideas??

:)

Chris Madden, Feb 19, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Cannot launch File Explorer from taskbar in Windows 10

Hi Juzzy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• First unpin the File Explorer from the task bar.
    • Press Windows + E.
    • And right click on File Explorer in the taskbar.
    • And Pin the File Explorer to Taskbar and Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 19, 2019
  3. File Explorer in Taskbar woun't launch

Hi Adrien,

I would suggest you to unpin the File Explorer from Taskbar and then again try to pin it and check if it helps.

To unpin the File Explorer, right click on it and select Unpin this program from Taskbar.

To pin the File Explorer, search for File Explorer using from Start menu and right click on it and
    select Pin to Taskbar.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

File Explorer launches when Edge is pinned to taskbar.

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer launches when Edge is pinned to taskbar.

1. File Explorer launches when Edge is pinned to taskbar. - Similar Threads - File Explorer launches

2. pinning Edge to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pinning Edge to taskbar: I want Edge pinned to my taskbar but none of the suggestions I have found have worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-edge-to-taskbar/fb9963cb-14da-40bb-a468-f89ff0be40b6
  3. pinning Edge to taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pinning Edge to taskbar: I want Edge pinned to my taskbar but none of the suggestions I have found have worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-edge-to-taskbar/fb9963cb-14da-40bb-a468-f89ff0be40b6
  4. Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working: The Pinned file explorer on the taskbar doesn't work for few days.If I left click the file explorer icon, nothing will happen. If I click again to do anything on the taskbar, the taskbar will just freeze. However, the file explorer can be opened via start menu, desktop icon,...
  5. Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working: The Pinned file explorer on the taskbar doesn't work for few days.If I left click the file explorer icon, nothing will happen. If I click again to do anything on the taskbar, the taskbar will just freeze. However, the file explorer can be opened via start menu, desktop icon,...
  6. Pinning File Explorer to secondary taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning File Explorer to secondary taskbar?: Hi! I'm trying to pin a shortcut to the explorer on my secondary taskbar but I have no idea how to do this.I'm using a dual-monitor setup with two taskbars, with 'showing programs on taskbar where window is open' enabled. I also use a third-party add-on to set the icons to...
  7. Pin File Explorer to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin File Explorer to Taskbar: I have gone through all of the recommended steps for pinning File Explorer to the task bar and nothing works. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? [Original Title: File Explorer]...
  8. Cannot pin File Explorer to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot pin File Explorer to Taskbar: I just bought a new Win 10 PC about 8 hours ago and am trying to set it up. I tried to transfer files from my external hard drive onto the new laptop only to find out, once the transfer was nearly complete, that Win 10 defaulted the transfer into my OneDrive, which I...
  9. Chrome won't launch when pinned to taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome won't launch when pinned to taskbar: Hello I have chrome pinned to the task bar but it won't simply launch the application like it does with all the my other icons. I have to keep right clicking it and then choosing chrome within the menu - kinda annoying. Is there a way to change this behaviour so it will...
  10. After Fall Update 2017 Pins to File Explorer on Taskbar Don't Launch

in Windows 10 Support
    After Fall Update 2017 Pins to File Explorer on Taskbar Don't Launch: Since the Fall Update (2017) installed, the folders I have pinned to the File Explorer icon on my taskbar do not launch. I tried unpinning and then repinning but it made no difference. I also pinned a new folder which was never pinned before and it does not launch either....