Windows 10: File Explorer : Left hand column anomaly, drv letter, not name

Discus and support File Explorer : Left hand column anomaly, drv letter, not name in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; W10 Pro x64 - Ver 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) All of my main navigation pane folders which can be moved from their default location, have been. Music... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JeremyP99, May 26, 2020.

1. JeremyP99 Win User

File Explorer : Left hand column anomaly, drv letter, not name

W10 Pro x64 - Ver 1909 (OS Build 18363.836)

All of my main navigation pane folders which can be moved from their default location, have been. Music and Videos kept on separate drives.

Yet the left hand pane in File Explorer shows the VIDEO drive by its drive letter, rather than its name AND what is presented as an ordinary drive, with a std folder icon, "videos"

Sure its a cosmetic problem, regardless....

I assume this is held in the registry somewhere? But where ?

See attached. Weirdly, I had a similar problem on the PC i used before this, after the same location changes, only in this case, TWO "iconed" VIDEOS folders were presented.

Thanks in advance.,

:)

JeremyP99, May 26, 2020
  2. JBOWIE62 Win User

File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

Original Title: File Explorer

I am trying to open File Explorer with my drives listed on the right. I only have the files in the first column and no drive letters are listed.

JBOWIE62, May 26, 2020
  3. File Explorer Columns

Hi David,

Thank you posting on Microsoft community.

In order to understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How exactly are you trying to expand the left columns in file explorer?

• Are you referring to extend the area of the left column in File explorer?

• Are you able to expand it in Safe Mode with networking ?
    I would suggest you to provide us the screenshot of the issue you are facing
    in order to understand the issue better.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Keep us posted with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 26, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Explorer behaviour in the right pane - stop column jumping to the left

Hello,

Currently running applications on your PC may be one of the possible reasons why you're having this issue with your Windows Explorer. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• Which specific build and version of Windows are you using? To check, please click this
      link.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Is this happening to all files when selecting in columns?

Changing the view on your Windows Explorer may help in troubleshooting the issue. We suggest that you check this
    link, this page contains instructions on how to change the column settings in
    Windows Explorer.

Dyan Rey, May 26, 2020
Thema:

1. File Explorer : Left hand column anomaly, drv letter, not name - Similar Threads - File Explorer Left

2. File Explorer Tags column

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Tags column: Hello How do I get PDF tags to show in the File Explorer Tags column? please see image below.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tags-column/20e8c79b-6499-4e5e-bf02-3247f28ab7c9
  3. File Explorer Ratings Column

File Explorer Ratings Column: 1. How do I unrate a file. There is no 0 star option?2. How to rate folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-ratings-column/d01892b5-44d6-4b09-840e-bcdac7dbe284
  4. File Explorer Ratings Column

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Ratings Column: 1. How do I unrate a file. There is no 0 star option?2. How to rate folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-ratings-column/d01892b5-44d6-4b09-840e-bcdac7dbe284
  5. File Explorer Ratings Column

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Left column in the explorer is hidden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left column in the explorer is hidden: Hello fellow Redditors! As the title says, the left column is hidden, but only when I open it via another program like photoshop. Here's how it looks I had a program installed, which changes the Windows theme, I uninstalled it, but nothing changed. Edit: This hasn't been...
  7. file explorer columns

file explorer columns: The problem is since update to version 1909 the bit rate is not showing in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-columns/a243c5e2-ac14-4cae-b62e-895a75d97cae
  8. "Status" column in File Explorer

"Status" column in File Explorer: What is the signification of the symbols which appear in the "Status" column in File Explorer e.g. a OneDrive type "cloud", a green circle enclosing a tick etc?...
  9. File names in Left Panel of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    File names in Left Panel of File Explorer: A brief apology: I'm probably too old to mess with this stuff (pulling 80,) but I like to try. Please be patient with me, and ask for details if I am not stating my problem clearly. I have searched, but could not find this problem already discussed in this forum. I just...
  10. File Explorer Column Headings

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Column Headings: Hello, Each time I make a new folder to store there some media files such as music or video, imediantly the column headings (automaticaly) are (except the name), as follows: # , Title, Contributing Artists, Album. So I have to click on each heading to change it (except...