Windows 10: File Explorer Less Compact After Update

Discus and support File Explorer Less Compact After Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After one of the updates, my File Explorer changed a bit to have more blank space between files. This makes it a bit difficult for me to find things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JessamineMS, Apr 27, 2021.

1. File Explorer Less Compact After Update

After one of the updates, my File Explorer changed a bit to have more blank space between files. This makes it a bit difficult for me to find things when I have a lot of files to look through.Bellow is a picture of what it looks like now:I was wondering if there was a way to change it back or to just be able to adjust the amount of blank space between files.Thanks!

:)

JessamineMS, Apr 27, 2021
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Apr 27, 2021
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Apr 27, 2021
  4. Josef Bri Win User

File Explorer Less Compact After Update

File explorer

Hi Tasmiya,

Thank you for the update.

Any chance you can provide us with the Advance settings window on your File Explorer? We also suggest performing the following steps indicated below.

• Press Win + X keys on the keyboard and select Command Prompt(Admin).
    • Type or copy, paste the command in the command prompt
    • sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter.
    3.Restart the computer and check.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer Less Compact After Update

1. File Explorer Less Compact After Update - Similar Threads - File Explorer Less

2. Where's File Explorer Compact Mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where's File Explorer Compact Mode?: Whatever happened to adding UseCompactMode to the registry for Windows 10?I read a year or so ago that it would be added, but I'm now on Build 19045.3325, and it's still not there.Any info would be much appreciated!...
  3. Where's File Explorer Compact Mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where's File Explorer Compact Mode?: Whatever happened to adding UseCompactMode to the registry for Windows 10?I read a year or so ago that it would be added, but I'm now on Build 19045.3325, and it's still not there.Any info would be much appreciated!...
  4. Where's File Explorer Compact Mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. "compact view" in File Explorer is not working in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "compact view" in File Explorer is not working in Win 11: I am not able to turn on compact view or turn off the checkboxes in windows explorer. I created a new windows user account and logged into that and the compact view turns off and on as expected. Does that mean that my primary windows user profile is corrupt? How do I fix it?...
  6. "compact view" in File Explorer is not working in Win 11

"compact view" in File Explorer is not working in Win 11: I am not able to turn on compact view or turn off the checkboxes in windows explorer. I created a new windows user account and logged into that and the compact view turns off and on as expected. Does that mean that my primary windows user profile is corrupt? How do I fix it?...
  7. Why isn't "compact view" in File Explorer working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't "compact view" in File Explorer working?: I can't get "compact view" in file explorer to work. It says it's on everywhere I check. I've even checked the registry editor to make sure it's on. It's all good. But for some reason, despite being "on," my files still do not show up in compact view....
  8. Why isn't "compact view" in File Explorer working?

Why isn't "compact view" in File Explorer working?: I can't get "compact view" in file explorer to work. It says it's on everywhere I check. I've even checked the registry editor to make sure it's on. It's all good. But for some reason, despite being "on," my files still do not show up in compact view....
  9. How to disable Compact View in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Compact View in File Explorer in Windows 10: [IMG]The Compact view is a new feature in File Explorer that you can use to decrease or increase space between items. The recent Insider release of Windows 10 has received this unique feature that uses a new layout with extra padding in the File Explorer – It will soon be...
  10. Compact View in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Compact View in File Explorer: [ATTACH] For some reason my documents folder has a more compact layout than all my other folders. Any way to change it? what I want ^^^ what I have ^^^ submitted by /u/someguy17171 [link] [comments]...