Windows 10: file explorer letter before drive letter in search

Discus and support file explorer letter before drive letter in search in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when i did a search in file manager it showed the file as "rc:******" why is there a letter before the drive and what does it mean f and r are the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by king69stoner, May 14, 2021.

1. file explorer letter before drive letter in search

when i did a search in file manager it showed the file as "rc:******" why is there a letter before the drive and what does it mean f and r are the letters that are shown before the drive

:)

king69stoner, May 14, 2021
  2. JBOWIE62 Win User

File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

Original Title: File Explorer

I am trying to open File Explorer with my drives listed on the right. I only have the files in the first column and no drive letters are listed.

JBOWIE62, May 14, 2021
  3. Gowisha Win User
    Duplicated drive letter in File Explorer

I have a 64-bit notebook with Windows 10 Pro. Attached is a USB Seagate external drive that is partitioned into drives F: and G: When I open File Explorer it shows New Volume (Ffile explorer letter before drive letter in search :) as it should, but G: shows as Drive G: (Gfile explorer letter before drive letter in search :) for some reason. I click on
    Rename for drive G, but all it shows in the Window is Drive G: without the (Gfile explorer letter before drive letter in search :) after it. I rename it anyway in hopes it would remove that (Gfile explorer letter before drive letter in search :) but it did not.

I have searched extensively on the 'Net for an answer, but they all seem to address situations where the drive letters appear in two different places in the list (one higher, and another lower down in File Explorer).

Any ideas?

Gordon

Gowisha, May 14, 2021
  4. Frick Win User

file explorer letter before drive letter in search

Assign drive letter to WM phone

Hey all.

So I've got an HTC Touch Dual. It's a pretty good phone, running WM 6, and I've bouch a 4GB microSD card. When I connect the phone to the computer the WM Device Center pops up.

Now what I need to do is basicly assign the phone a drive letter. Some PDA programs I want to install (from a CD) need that, and in WinXP it had a drive letter, but in Win7 the phone just shows as a "HTC Touch Dual". Wich means I cannot install that program to it, because I need a drive letter.

Any suggestions, anyone?

Thanks for looking! *Smile file explorer letter before drive letter in search :)

EDIT: Oh, and copy the files directly to the phone doesnt work, there are no install files for the PDA itself.

Frick, May 14, 2021
Thema:

file explorer letter before drive letter in search

1. file explorer letter before drive letter in search - Similar Threads - file explorer letter

2. File Explorer Multi-Letter Search - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Multi-Letter Search - Windows 11: So... this is hard to explain, so bear with me here...Throughout my entire Windows life... I've always "typed" directly into the File Explorer. If I wanted to find a file, as an example, called "My Big Document.txt", I would simply click into File Explorer in the correct...
  3. File Explorer Multi-Letter Search - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Multi-Letter Search - Windows 11: So... this is hard to explain, so bear with me here...Throughout my entire Windows life... I've always "typed" directly into the File Explorer. If I wanted to find a file, as an example, called "My Big Document.txt", I would simply click into File Explorer in the correct...
  4. File Explorer Doesn't Like Drive Letter Y:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer Doesn't Like Drive Letter Y:: I cant get drive letter Y: to show up in file explorer. I noticed this first when I tried to map a network drive Y: to a valid location. Permissions all good. Everything went smoothly. In fact when I went through the process to map another drive, I could even see the first...
  5. File Explorer Doesn't Like Drive Letter Y:

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Doesn't Like Drive Letter Y:: I cant get drive letter Y: to show up in file explorer. I noticed this first when I tried to map a network drive Y: to a valid location. Permissions all good. Everything went smoothly. In fact when I went through the process to map another drive, I could even see the first...
  6. Drive Letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drive Letters: I want to change the drive letters ... How do you do that? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-letters/c20d65a1-bc5b-48e3-8183-51a96d3c09fd
  7. Drive letter missing in Windows File Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Drive letter missing in Windows File Explorer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]On rare occasions, you may find that the Drive letter is missing from File Explorer following the installation of an Update . If you have experienced this issue, here’s a way to get past the problem. A drive letter represents [...] This post Drive letter...
  8. How to put drive letters before drive label?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to put drive letters before drive label?: I have Windows 10 Home. I want my drive letters to appear before the name of the drive. I tried: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer ShowDriveLettersFirst DWORD 4 = Show all drive letters before drive label I rebooted. But it didn't...
  9. Drive Letter

Drive Letter: I have automatic updates for windows 10. I have a separate drive normally connected to one of my windows devices. For many years this drive now identifies 100's of folders and many more files. When first installed it was allocated letter 'F' which since my latest update has...
  10. Win Explorer 'forgets' drive-letter

Win Explorer 'forgets' drive-letter: Windows Explorer will not show any (usb-flash/external HD-) drive with the letter H. The drive is recognized by Windows: it does show up in Disk Management. What I did, months ago, is delete (merge) a hard drive partition - drive letter assignment of this partition was H....