Windows 10: File Explorer Library Simbolic Links

Discus and support File Explorer Library Simbolic Links in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Because my C:\ main disk is a limited SSD (120 Gb), I use a secondary, larger HDD to store all other files. I changed the Target Location of the main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mayagrafix, Jun 26, 2017.

1. File Explorer Library Simbolic Links

Because my C:\ main disk is a limited SSD (120 Gb), I use a secondary, larger HDD to store all other files. I changed the Target Location of the main links (Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos) in File Explorer to the secondary HDD to avoid writing to the main SSD as much as possible. So far so good, when I click on one of the aforementioned shortcuts, File Explorer transparently uses the secondary HDD.

File Explorer Library Simbolic Links [​IMG]

However there are some small issues (note duplicate Pictures & Saved Pictures icon)

File Explorer Library Simbolic Links [​IMG]

Is there a tutorial anyone can recommend that I can research?

:)

Mayagrafix, Jun 26, 2017

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jun 26, 2017
  3. Please delete everything in my library

Hello Trung,

We understand that you would want to clear your Library in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

• When you say library, are you referring to File explorer library?
    • What happens when you try to delete the files and folders from Library?

If you are referring to File explorer library, Kindly follow the suggestions from the below link and check if it helps:

Windows 10. How to remove items from the Library without deleting content?

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 26, 2017
  4. Mooly Win User

File Explorer Library Simbolic Links

If both libraries point to the same group of files then can you not just delete one. Libraries themselves hold no files, they are just a way of gathering various locations/folder/files under one shortcut.

Mooly, Jun 26, 2017
Thema:

File Explorer Library Simbolic Links

1. File Explorer Library Simbolic Links - Similar Threads - File Explorer Library

2. File explorer runtime library error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer runtime library error: The fileWhen I open file explorer from the taskbar like one or two times, this message appears and after I click on it the program restarts.It also appears after I rightclick on a file on the app.*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  3. File explorer runtime library error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer runtime library error: The fileWhen I open file explorer from the taskbar like one or two times, this message appears and after I click on it the program restarts.It also appears after I rightclick on a file on the app.*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  4. File explorer runtime library error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "Libraries" not showing in "This PC" in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Libraries" not showing in "This PC" in File Explorer: I'm on Windows 11 Beta Build 22621.290 with the new File Explorer tabs and when I booted up my computer and opened file explorer it had looked like this instead of how it's SUPPOSED to look on the right. I cannot find anything online about this and it's bugging me since I...
  6. "Libraries" not showing in "This PC" in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Libraries" not showing in "This PC" in File Explorer: I'm on Windows 11 Beta Build 22621.290 with the new File Explorer tabs and when I booted up my computer and opened file explorer it had looked like this instead of how it's SUPPOSED to look on the right. I cannot find anything online about this and it's bugging me since I...
  7. To Customise File Explorer in Libraries View...?

in Windows 10 Customization
    To Customise File Explorer in Libraries View...?: Hello Community Members PLEASE see the picture enclosed for your convenience and reference about want I am trying to do I want to have when FE File Explorer is OPEN to have a SET-LOOK for EASY-ACCESS So I am ORGANISED in my business and working environment saving me...
  8. REMOVING LIBRARIES IN FILE EXPLORER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    REMOVING LIBRARIES IN FILE EXPLORER: Could someone please tell me how to edit the appearance of my file explorer to only show what I want it to show in the Navigation Pane? [ATTACH] I want to remove the Music / Video / Pictures / 3D Objects so that it quits cluttering up my view. I DO NOT want to have to use...
  9. I don't see Libraries in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    I don't see Libraries in File Explorer: I had a local computer shop upgrade my Windows 7 PC to Windows 10. They did a clean OS install but preserved my user data. Actually, they backed up my user data and then then restored to a new (larger) internal hard drive. Today, I noticed that File explorer does not have an...
  10. File Explorer & My Libraries SSD/HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer & My Libraries SSD/HDD: Hi, I thought I had it right but now have 2 different locations for library folders and This PC (D:\ HDD). Both folders are showing D:\ storage drive but up in File Explorer but have different paths. One set was done through Settings > System > Storage The other was done...