Windows 10: File Explorer List and Details buttons

Discus and support File Explorer List and Details buttons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I appreciate being able to customize the buttons on the file explorer toolbar. However, I am constantly switching back and forth between the List and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kitpzyxmsir, Sep 20, 2018.

1. File Explorer List and Details buttons

I appreciate being able to customize the buttons on the file explorer toolbar.

However, I am constantly switching back and forth between the List and Details view.

Is their any way to isolate theses two buttons and place them individually on the toolbar, just like the List button on the status bar.

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Sep 20, 2018

2. Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

File Explorer List and Details buttons windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane

Hi,

If you are referring for preview pane in File explorer then follow the steps below.

• Open File explorer; open any document or file or folder.
    • Click on View on the Quick access toolbar ribbon.
    • Click on Preview pane or Details pane.
    You may please provide your suggestions in the feedback app. It will be directly referred by our
    developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details and then select
      Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, choose a topic from
      Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope it helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 20, 2018
  4. File Explorer List and Details buttons

preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer List and Details buttons

1. File Explorer List and Details buttons - Similar Threads - File Explorer List

2. File Explorer Details/List view text cutting off vertically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Details/List view text cutting off vertically: When text size is scaled up via Settings > Accessibility > Text Size, hanging characters in file explorer get cut off vertically. It doesn't happen with any other view, at least not at the 200% text size I'm using right now. Mostly when there's an issue with text size it's...
  3. File Explorer Details/List view text cutting off vertically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Details/List view text cutting off vertically: When text size is scaled up via Settings > Accessibility > Text Size, hanging characters in file explorer get cut off vertically. It doesn't happen with any other view, at least not at the 200% text size I'm using right now. Mostly when there's an issue with text size it's...
  4. Extract Details of files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extract Details of files in File Explorer: Hi Good MorningCan anyone explain the procedure to extract "TITTLE" of all the files in file explorer into excel formatRight side pane comes when we select 'Details" button under "View" option...
  5. Extract Details of files in File Explorer

Extract Details of files in File Explorer: Hi Good MorningCan anyone explain the procedure to extract "TITTLE" of all the files in file explorer into excel formatRight side pane comes when we select 'Details" button under "View" option...
  6. Detail List in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Detail List in File Explorer: Sometimes when I open File Explorer, I notice "X's" over the icons in the detail view. Why are these displayed, and how can I remove them when I use File Explorer?...
  7. Detail List in File Explorer

Detail List in File Explorer: Sometimes when I open File Explorer, I notice "X's" over the icons in the detail view. Why are these displayed, and how can I remove them when I use File Explorer?...
  8. Detail List in File Explorer

9. Set default in File Explorer to List or Details View in Windows 10

Set default in File Explorer to List or Details View in Windows 10: On my computer, File Explorer in Windows 10 defaults to the icons view. That is useful sometimes, but by default, I want File Explorer to permanently open documents to List View except for Pictures. How can I set the default view to List View?By default, when I open File...
  10. Want to change File Explorer default View from "Details" to "List"

in Windows 10 Support
    Want to change File Explorer default View from "Details" to "List": Hi all, I have been searching the web for an answer to this question since first getting Windows 10 last year. I would like my File Explorer to open using the "List" view rather than the current default of "Details". I have seen many responses that reference how to change...