Windows 10: File Explorer list order.

Discus and support File Explorer list order. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For years through many versions of windows I never had to deal with this issue until the recent update. I like to see all of my sub folders listed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chzuck, Mar 30, 2020.

1. chzuck Win User

File Explorer list order.

For years through many versions of windows I never had to deal with this issue until the recent update. I like to see all of my sub folders listed first, then the files in a folder. How do I get that to happen. I mostly use list and thumbnail in my folder listings.

:)

chzuck, Mar 30, 2020

2. file explorer and reading list on windows 10

Hi Colinus,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you faced. We certainly help you with this issue. I want to inform you it is temporary issue it will short out immediately there is no need to go back in previous operating system.
    I need more information about this issue so that I can assist you better.

1. Are you referring to reading list app?

If you are using reading list app so I would suggest you to run windows app troubleshooter to fix issue.

Follow the below steps.

• Go to control panel and select troubleshooting then in top left corner of your screen select view all.

• Click on windows store app and click on it and run it.
    I want to inform you. You can sort, group, and arrange items in a folder or library view by an added column (detail) in ascending or descending order in windows 10 file explorer.

for more information follow the link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/files-folders-windows-explorer

Note: It is also applicable for windows 10 as well.

Try these steps and let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Mar 30, 2020
  3. geno368 Win User
    Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Mar 30, 2020
  4. illimay Win User

How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer?

Thanks for an alternative suggestion.

File Explorer list order. [​IMG]

I don't know what happened... but the list got longer for some reason. I didn't do anything special... but it just got longer

illimay, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

1. File Explorer list order. - Similar Threads - File Explorer list

2. list folders/files in alphabet order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    list folders/files in alphabet order: in windows when listing the files in alphabet order, the order is different from listing the folders with the same names. please see the screenshot attached. can you make them unanimous? i think the order for folders makes more sense....
  3. list folders/files in alphabet order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    list folders/files in alphabet order: in windows when listing the files in alphabet order, the order is different from listing the folders with the same names. please see the screenshot attached. can you make them unanimous? i think the order for folders makes more sense....
  4. Is it possible to rearrange order of lists in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to rearrange order of lists in File Explorer?: I am Win 1064 21H2 fully updated.I regularly use File Explorer to rename files especially ones that come through with default generic names and ones emailed to me with meaningless names such as XXXvvvvv.mnp4 Unfortunately Delete appears immediately above Rename and sometimes...
  5. Is it possible to rearrange order of lists in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to rearrange order of lists in File Explorer?: I am Win 1064 21H2 fully updated.I regularly use File Explorer to rename files especially ones that come through with default generic names and ones emailed to me with meaningless names such as XXXvvvvv.mnp4 Unfortunately Delete appears immediately above Rename and sometimes...
  6. Is it possible to rearrange order of lists in File Explorer?

7. Windows 10 File Explorer Listing Order

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer Listing Order: I cannot find a listing of the default order of the files on Windows Explorer. I know mine are not correct. In my list I have Quick access at the top followed by Desktop. Desktop contains: Creative Cloud Files, OneDrive, Me, This PC, Libraries, Network, Control Panel, Recycle...
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer Listing Order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer Listing Order: I cannot find a listing of the default order of the files on Windows Explorer. I know mine are not correct. In my list I have Quick access at the top followed by Desktop. Desktop contains: Creative Cloud Files, OneDrive, Me, This PC, Libraries, Network, Control Panel, Recycle...
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer Listing Order

10. Changing listing order of files and folders in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing listing order of files and folders in File Explorer: Microsoft is engaged in an annoying game of intentional behavior modification. Win 10 is making everything default to the OneDrive folder, and they're putting the OneDrive listing prominently so that if you aren't extra careful, you put your stuff in that folder and not the...