Windows 10: File Explorer listing 3 of my drives twice each.

Discus and support File Explorer listing 3 of my drives twice each. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't know how it happened but 3 of my drives show up twice in file explorer. I have 8 drives in my desktop. and 3 drives have exact duplicates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MikeTerrien, Jun 2, 2019.

1. File Explorer listing 3 of my drives twice each.

I don't know how it happened but 3 of my drives show up twice in file explorer. I have 8 drives in my desktop. and 3 drives have exact duplicates listed in File Explorer. Same drive letters. Same drive names. Same folders and files. The extra duplicates don't show up in Disk Management. Clicking on them offers no way of deleting them. How do I get rid of these extra listing?

:)

MikeTerrien, Jun 2, 2019

2. File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Blaez Win User
    USB Listed twice in Windows 10 Explorer

One of my USB drives is listed twice in Windows Explorer, although it displays correctly in My PC. It is not pinned to "Quick Access" and Explorer is set to open "This PC" through View/Folder/Options. Why is this one USB drive (storage) listed twice and
    are there any concerns with this?

Thank you,

Blaez, Jun 2, 2019
  4. JBOWIE62 Win User

File Explorer listing 3 of my drives twice each.

File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

Original Title: File Explorer

I am trying to open File Explorer with my drives listed on the right. I only have the files in the first column and no drive letters are listed.

JBOWIE62, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer listing 3 of my drives twice each.

1. File Explorer listing 3 of my drives twice each. - Similar Threads - File Explorer listing

2. External Hard Drive listed twice in Windows Explorer Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive listed twice in Windows Explorer Windows 11 Pro: I bought a new computer old one died. I also bought a 2-bay drive I want to put my 2 hard drives into as extra storage and backup. However, the first drive I put into the bay is listed twice in Windows Explorer. How can I eliminate one of these listings? Thank you....
  3. External Hard Drive listed twice in Windows Explorer Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Drive listed twice in Windows Explorer Windows 11 Pro: I bought a new computer old one died. I also bought a 2-bay drive I want to put my 2 hard drives into as extra storage and backup. However, the first drive I put into the bay is listed twice in Windows Explorer. How can I eliminate one of these listings? Thank you....
  4. External drives show twice in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    External drives show twice in file explorer: In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in file explorer. Once under This PC and again under Desktop. How do eliminate one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drives-show-twice-in-file-explorer/252c30a0-b538-4b32-b172-cad98e68cee4
  5. Drives shown twice in Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drives shown twice in Explorer: [ATTACH] Please see the above picture. All the Drives are shown twice? How can I solve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-shown-twice-in-explorer/c04f2593-d327-438b-afc4-7606fbdf7dd0
  6. Disk Management has drive listed twice

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Management has drive listed twice: How do I remove Disk 0 Partition 3 [img] 127718
  7. Dual drives listed in "File Explorer"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual drives listed in "File Explorer": Have my drives listed twice in this new build, ver. 1703, OS.Build-15063.296. Had a little program downloaded from Ten Forums which dealt with this problem, just had to run it and it took care of the problem, however it won't work in this new build. I know it has to do...
  8. External drives shown twice in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External drives shown twice in File Explorer: I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Build 10586.71. Can anyone give me an explanation as to why I have my external hard drives showing twice in File Explorer (see Attachment) [img] I've had this since the first install of Win 10, and it's driving me nuts. 39063
  9. file explorer shows usb drive twice

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer shows usb drive twice: hi, i have an annoying problem. when i plug a usb drive, the file explorer shows the same drive with the same drive letter twice. it's no big deal but annoying like i said.. how can i fix this 25514
  10. File Explorer opens twice

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer opens twice: for the last few days, the explorer closes and reopen itself immediately. this happens both on my Home PC and Work PC. anybody experiencing this too? see screenshot: Explorer opening twice (when locating a file) (from reddit) 25002

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is disk showing twice in exploere