Windows 10: File explorer loading files and opening the properties tab slowly all of a sudden.

Discus and support File explorer loading files and opening the properties tab slowly all of a sudden. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For some reason my file explorer is loading my files incredibly slowly compared to what it used to. I've tried multible solutions, but none of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SEjsing, Sep 16, 2019.

1. SEjsing Win User

File explorer loading files and opening the properties tab slowly all of a sudden.

For some reason my file explorer is loading my files incredibly slowly compared to what it used to.

I've tried multible solutions, but none of them seem to work, it just happened all of a sudden. It worked great when i started up my computer but at the end of the day it just became really slow, and i have no idea what caused it. I did download a couple of programs including GIMP and Firefox, but i don't think that has anything to do with it. Everything else on my computer is working fine except my file explorer, and this can become a problem since i use it a lot.

I would really appreciate if someone could give me some ways i could possibly fix this.

:)

SEjsing, Sep 16, 2019
  2. ilangom Win User

File explorer slow with loading thumnails and files

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

ilangom, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Sep 16, 2019
  4. File explorer loading files and opening the properties tab slowly all of a sudden.

File explorer file properties

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to follow the below procedure and check if you are able to add comment to the file.

• Right click on the files

• Select Properties

• Click on Details

• Move the cursor to comments tab and try typing the captions.
    Check if it allows you to type the comments.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

File explorer loading files and opening the properties tab slowly all of a sudden.

1. File explorer loading files and opening the properties tab slowly all of a sudden. - Similar Threads - File explorer loading

2. HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer: HEIC file thumbnails load slowly. Every time I open a folder, they pop up sequentially and often times this takes a while and can be frustrating when trying to move quickly through folders. I work around this by changing the folders setting to details only. The drawback is I...
  3. HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer: HEIC file thumbnails load slowly. Every time I open a folder, they pop up sequentially and often times this takes a while and can be frustrating when trying to move quickly through folders. I work around this by changing the folders setting to details only. The drawback is I...
  4. HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File explorer opens slowly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer opens slowly.: Recently I've noticed that file explorer has been taking a few moments to open when I open it from an app like chrome opening the downloads folder, or Aseprite to save files. When I open file explorer itself from the icon it opens instantly, but opening from an app it takes...
  6. File explorer opens slowly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer opens slowly.: Recently I've noticed that file explorer has been taking a few moments to open when I open it from an app like chrome opening the downloads folder, or Aseprite to save files. When I open file explorer itself from the icon it opens instantly, but opening from an app it takes...
  7. File Explorer loads folders slowly but the File Picker version of Explorer doesn't?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer loads folders slowly but the File Picker version of Explorer doesn't?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AkiraTheFenix [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8qb1g/file_explorer_loads_folders_slowly_but_the_file/
  8. File Explorer Loading Files Slowly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer Loading Files Slowly: Hi, everyone Hoping someone could help me with a problem I'm having with my File Explorer. I have 2 folders with a huge number of files (Folder 1 with 47K images at 34GB, and Folder 2 with 113K images at 53GB). Folder 1 takes the green bar 30sec to load up its files, but...
  9. File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties: When I right click on a folder, I'd expect to see the customize and other tabs. However, I do not see any tabs other than the 'General' tab and 'Previous Versions'. You may have noticed that the "Read-Only" box is checked. I tried to uncheck it, and uncheck other boxes in...
  10. No "General" tab in router properties in File Explorer's "Network"

No "General" tab in router properties in File Explorer's "Network": So, there's a location in File Explorer on Windows 10 you can go to called "Network." In this place, you can go to your router properties, and change some settings. Originally, a "General" tab was appearing in these router properties, and you could change some "settings" by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. File explorer slow to update file properties