Windows 10: File Explorer loads 1, 2 or more copies on startup

Discus and support File Explorer loads 1, 2 or more copies on startup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason a few weeks ago my PC started loading copies of File Explorer on startup. Some days it won't load any, the next day it will load 1, 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sigurd, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Sigurd Win User

File Explorer loads 1, 2 or more copies on startup

For some reason a few weeks ago my PC started loading copies of File Explorer on startup. Some days it won't load any, the next day it will load 1, 2 or more copies. While there is probably some reason for this, it is not one I have been able to work out. If it was one copy every day then I would assume a setting in the register. But given the randomness of this that seems unlikely and in any case I would rather not start changing things in the register without some advice!
    Thanks.

:)

Sigurd, Sep 15, 2017

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Sep 15, 2017
  3. neilgina Win User
    Windows 10 calendar at startup

found a solution to this problem:

1. place a calendar shortcut to desktop by:

- click start

- click and drag calendar live tile to desktop

- right click calendar shortcut icon in desktop then click copy to copy to clipboard

2. prepare to open startup hidden files/folder:

- open/click file explorer

- click view, options

- click view tab

- select/enable "Show hidden files, folders and drives"

- click OK

3. paste calendar desktop shortcut to startup folder

- open file explorer

- go to " C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

- right click then paste calendar from clipboard.

4. restart windows and ENJOY calendar on startup.

hope this help

neilgina, Sep 15, 2017
  4. File Explorer loads 1, 2 or more copies on startup

Those are the only entries I know. Run CMD as admin and copy/paste:
    Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v "Shell" /t REG_SZ /d "explorer.exe" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v "Userinit" /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\System32\userinit.exe," /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v "Shell" /t REG_SZ /d "explorer.exe" /f reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager" /v "BootExecute" /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d "autocheck autochk *" /f reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager" /v "SETUPEXECUTE" /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d "" /f[/quote]
    You can also check with Autoruns for suspicious entries.

Select - Options - Hide Microsoft entries
    so you would not disable something important

Then check tabs: Logon / Scheduled Tasks / Services / Explorer (probably most important)

TairikuOkami, Sep 15, 2017
Thema:

File Explorer loads 1, 2 or more copies on startup

1. File Explorer loads 1, 2 or more copies on startup - Similar Threads - File Explorer loads

2. Copying files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files in File Explorer: Copying files in File Explorer is not working as expected. When I am trying to copy several files, it closes down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files-in-file-explorer/05006916-943f-467b-ab5d-6043e51ce79d
  3. Issues copying files through File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues copying files through File Explorer: Some how windows file explorer copying files is not working as it used to... If I copy and past a large block of files, it starts reading the block and then closes. Thank you for your Support. ***Modified title from: Windows File Explorer***...
  4. File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer

File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer: With Win7 support gone, I finally got 2 Win10 x64 Pro v1909 machines up and running. Like so many other Win10 users, I have struggled to get network sharing to work. I have Googled, read and followed countless procedures and suggestions over the past few weeks, ad nauseam....
  5. Pasting copied images to File Explorer

Pasting copied images to File Explorer: Yesterday I could copy images from a browser and paste them straight to the file explorer. The assigned name consisted of random numbers and letters but the whole point is that I could copy and paste the image straight to the desired folder or any other program. I'm trying it...
  6. File explorer renamed to file explorer (1)

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer renamed to file explorer (1): File explorer renamed to file explorer (1) After the update it renamed to (1) I forgot the folder where it’s stored to erase the duplicate. 122564
  7. Having 2 or more windows open at the same time in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Having 2 or more windows open at the same time in File Explorer: When I open File Explorer and open a window, say D:\Archives, I often want to see another window for, say D:\Todo but the D:\Archives window closes. I'm almost sure there must be a way to keep two or more windows open in one instance of File Explorer but my tired old mind...
  8. 3 External Drives load Explorer at Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3 External Drives load Explorer at Startup: A friend has 3 external drives attached to his laptop while a current project is progressing these days. After a restart or a shutdown/start the three drives will have an explorer window open. They will continue to reopen if the X close button is clicked immediately....
  9. File Explorer: Issues loading thumbnails, loading times, and more

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer: Issues loading thumbnails, loading times, and more: I'm having a bizarre problem on my Windows 10 PC. For some reason, lots of image thumbnails won't load (particularly PNG files and AVI files), which is extremely frustrating. Sometimes it shows the file type icon, sometimes a generic file icon, and something literally...
  10. File Explorer (explorer.exe) Does Not Load Automatically At Startup.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer (explorer.exe) Does Not Load Automatically At Startup.: Hi all, I been having this problem for a while. When I boot up my PC and I get to the part of account login, loads my user automatically but the file explorer does not, just shows me a black screen. I can still do CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to bring the task manager...