Windows 10: File Explorer loads folders slowly but the File Picker version of Explorer doesn't?

Discus and support File Explorer loads folders slowly but the File Picker version of Explorer doesn't? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AkiraTheFenix [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AkiraTheFenix, Oct 10, 2020.

1. File Explorer loads folders slowly but the File Picker version of Explorer doesn't?

/u/AkiraTheFenix, Oct 10, 2020
  2. ilangom Win User

File explorer slow with loading thumnails and files

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

ilangom, Oct 10, 2020
  3. temp02 Win User
    Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

It's an .exe right? Explorer probably read its icon (to a cache) when it was a "small" file and now call the quits when it finds "such a big" file.

If you want to delete it, use the console after killing explorer, you can run the console from TaskManager (Application -> New Task -> cmd). You might want to try copy the file to a different location (copy, not cut) and see if explorer can handle it in the new location before deleting it.

temp02, Oct 10, 2020
  4. cereberus Win User

File Explorer loads folders slowly but the File Picker version of Explorer doesn't?

Sorting with File Explorer.

I tried the method that was complicated (3rd option) but fell over in second step as I could not find any "apply to folder button"'.

However, the simple put *.* in search bar, then sort results windows by date does the trick. It is slightly cumbersome as I have to do that each time I am selecting files (to upload to sharepoint) but a lot less hassle than I was having to scroll up and down between sorted file block and sorted folder block.

Many thanks.

M.

cereberus, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer loads folders slowly but the File Picker version of Explorer doesn't?

1. File Explorer loads folders slowly but the File Picker version of Explorer doesn't? - Similar Threads - File Explorer loads

2. HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer: HEIC file thumbnails load slowly. Every time I open a folder, they pop up sequentially and often times this takes a while and can be frustrating when trying to move quickly through folders. I work around this by changing the folders setting to details only. The drawback is I...
  3. HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer: HEIC file thumbnails load slowly. Every time I open a folder, they pop up sequentially and often times this takes a while and can be frustrating when trying to move quickly through folders. I work around this by changing the folders setting to details only. The drawback is I...
  4. HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File explorer doesn't load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer doesn't load: Every time I go to open file explorer, it opens fine. However it doesn't display any of my files and instead just says "Working on it..." and changes my cursor to the spinny blue circle. I've been having this problem, and a similiar problem where the green loading bar takes...
  6. File explorer doesn't load

File explorer doesn't load: Every time I go to open file explorer, it opens fine. However it doesn't display any of my files and instead just says "Working on it..." and changes my cursor to the spinny blue circle. I've been having this problem, and a similiar problem where the green loading bar takes...
  7. File explorer doesn't load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. File explorer opens slowly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer opens slowly.: Recently I've noticed that file explorer has been taking a few moments to open when I open it from an app like chrome opening the downloads folder, or Aseprite to save files. When I open file explorer itself from the icon it opens instantly, but opening from an app it takes...
  9. File explorer opens slowly.

File explorer opens slowly.: Recently I've noticed that file explorer has been taking a few moments to open when I open it from an app like chrome opening the downloads folder, or Aseprite to save files. When I open file explorer itself from the icon it opens instantly, but opening from an app it takes...
  10. File Explorer Loading Files Slowly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer Loading Files Slowly: Hi, everyone Hoping someone could help me with a problem I'm having with my File Explorer. I have 2 folders with a huge number of files (Folder 1 with 47K images at 34GB, and Folder 2 with 113K images at 53GB). Folder 1 takes the green bar 30sec to load up its files, but...