Windows 10: File explorer menu drop down bug

Discus and support File explorer menu drop down bug in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When i use the drop down menu of the file explorer in snap layouts it automatically gets closed. I raised this issue so many times on feedback hub... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anmol Sharma_489, Oct 1, 2022.

1. File explorer menu drop down bug

When i use the drop down menu of the file explorer in snap layouts it automatically gets closed. I raised this issue so many times on feedback hub maybe from 20 days but it didn't fixed.Here is a clear reproduction of the issue .https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dpuT9KpTlLTkH730pqHMWW9EpnVJYCsa/view?usp=sharing

:)

Anmol Sharma_489, Oct 1, 2022
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Oct 1, 2022
  3. Geethu B Win User
    unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 1, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

File explorer menu drop down bug

Unable to drag and drop in file explorer

Hi Lorne,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to perform System File Checker (SFC) scan.

Step 1: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

If the issue persist follow the step 2.

Steps 2: You may try to restart Windows Explorer and check if it helps.

• Right click on taskbar.

• Then select task manager.

• Find Windows Explorer process.

• Then Right click on
      Windows Explorer

• Select restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

File explorer menu drop down bug

1. File explorer menu drop down bug - Similar Threads - File explorer menu

2. File explorer drop down folder overview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer drop down folder overview: Just opened my laptop after an update, scanned some stuff and had to move them from wherever to my folders. Usually I do this by finding the item, then dragging it to where I want it to go. The leftside view usually drops the subfolders down when I hover over them, but now...
  3. File explorer drop down folder overview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer drop down folder overview: Just opened my laptop after an update, scanned some stuff and had to move them from wherever to my folders. Usually I do this by finding the item, then dragging it to where I want it to go. The leftside view usually drops the subfolders down when I hover over them, but now...
  4. Drop down menu flickering

Drop down menu flickering: I tried many ways nothing worked excpet this..Disconnect the keyboard and or touch pad from themotherboard. Replace new or start using usb keyboard/mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menu-flickering/95e5827b-cbb9-41d7-8bc6-c15463edaa84
  5. File explorer menu drop down bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer menu drop down bug: When i use the drop down menu of the file explorer in snap layouts it automatically gets closed. I raised this issue so many times on feedback hub maybe from 20 days but it didn't fixed.Here is a clear reproduction of the issue...
  6. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing: Hi, Microsoft Community! I've just stumbled upon an issue with my Windows laptop where nothing happens when I right-click my mouse. Usually, this prompts the drop-down menu. I'm also no longer able to copy anything using the highlight method since the highlighting doesn't...
  7. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing: Hi, Microsoft Community! I've just stumbled upon an issue with my Windows laptop where nothing happens when I right-click my mouse. Usually, this prompts the drop-down menu. I'm also no longer able to copy anything using the highlight method since the highlighting doesn't...
  8. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Drop down menu / Autoscroll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drop down menu / Autoscroll: Recently I noticed that when I right click, instead of a drop down menu, the auto scroll function activates. At first I thought this was a word issue but then I noticed that it occurred anywhere where I could use the scrolling function. For example when in a word document, or...
  10. Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?

in Browsers and Email
    Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?: I decided to uninstall Firefox after the entries in the Favorites doubled. (Example: the Yahoo Mail sign-in page appears twice in the list. Deleting one also deletes the other.) I have been looking for browsers with pull-down or drop-down menus but could only find...