Windows 10: File explorer missing thumbnails

Discus and support File explorer missing thumbnails in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to find thumbnails instead of icons in file explorer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobinSinden, Jan 29, 2019.

1. File explorer missing thumbnails

How to find thumbnails instead of icons in file explorer?

:)

RobinSinden, Jan 29, 2019
  2. jsmin Win User

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Thumbnail support for Adobe Applications within Windows Explorer

There is an option in File Explorer that allows icons to change in thumbnail view in Windows 10. To enable thumbnail view, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
    • Click the View tab of File Explorer.
    • Click Options.
    • In the Folder Options, click the View tab.
    • Make sure that the Display file icon on thumbnails checkbox were enabled.
    Let us know if you can now view Adobe program icons.

Johann Eva, Jan 29, 2019
  4. d0gknees Win User

File explorer missing thumbnails

Thumbnail support for Adobe Applications within Windows Explorer

The OP doesn't want icons, they want to see thumbnails showing an image of the document contents for all the Adobe file types listed.

d0gknees, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

File explorer missing thumbnails

1. File explorer missing thumbnails - Similar Threads - File explorer missing

2. file explorer thumbnails missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer thumbnails missing: I have asked for help before in this forum and a few responses have temporarily fixed the problem. I would really like a permanent fix. I have tried several of the fixes such as... Uncheck the box next to Always show icons, never thumbnails.and... File Explorer can also bug...
  3. file explorer thumbnails missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer thumbnails missing: I have asked for help before in this forum and a few responses have temporarily fixed the problem. I would really like a permanent fix. I have tried several of the fixes such as... Uncheck the box next to Always show icons, never thumbnails.and... File Explorer can also bug...
  4. Default File Explorer icon is missing, app thumbnails missing, different color at login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default File Explorer icon is missing, app thumbnails missing, different color at login: Hello. About two months ago, I started experimenting with 3rd party themes and icons for Windows, and when I got bored and wanted default back, my file explorer icon would not reset for any reason. No matter how many times I rebuilt icon cache, no matter how many other themes...
  5. File explorer thumbnails not showing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer thumbnails not showing.: Recently file explorer stopped showing the thumbnails and showed a white file in its place. I tried going into view and changing the settings but it was all normal. [ATTACH]...
  6. Thumbnails not showing in file explorer

Thumbnails not showing in file explorer: I don't know if this is still happening to anyone else but recently all the thumbnails/icons for my files are not showing up. It happened either late last night or earlier today out of the blue and nothing is working to fix it. Does anyone know any methods to fix the issue?...
  7. File Explorer is not showing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer is not showing thumbnails: My Canon camera has the updated firmware. When I downloaded to the PC and opened the File Explorer, I saw just icons rather than thumbnails. It is Canon RP file extension cr3. Other file extensions show thumbnails. How to solve this problem??...
  8. File Explorer not showing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails: My file explorer is not displaying thumbnails ( as it was earlier) instead it is showing default program icon ( windows photo viewer, set as default for all pictures) for all picture files like jpgs, bmps. When I browse folders containing pictures. at first it displays...
  9. missing thumbnails in File Explorer Windows 10

missing thumbnails in File Explorer Windows 10: Is there a way to find missing thumbnails in File Explorer Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-thumbnails-in-file-explorer-windows-10/587fafac-8b1e-4288-86e1-6751f6760a1a"
  10. Thumbnails disappear in File Explorer, then Explorer freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails disappear in File Explorer, then Explorer freezes: Hello, I noticed yesterday that after using File Explorer for a short while, it stops showing any thumbnails, and only shows a plain white icon, not even the default icon for a file type. I tried all the usual methods for showing thumbnails, but to no avail. Then, after...